• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

uvelocity

International Coach
Benji isn't a 7. I know he's not as quick as he once was but he's still better getting the ball later in the play and he's not a great organizer. Tigers have needed a real 7 for a long time now. The best you've looked in the last 5 years has been with Lui, Moltzen hasn't worked and I doubt Anasta will either. I would have stuck with Miller personally. He's raw but he has potential, and it's not like any of the other options are burning the house down.
you're right about everything except miller has had chances before and never has stepped up. carved up in the 20's but maybe its a mental thing. best of a bad bunch of options for me is tell benji to harden up and play an organising role. he could do it if he wanted to.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
young kid luke brooks in the 20s who played aus schoolboys last year at 7 is the future but the ****'s to young now. Moltzen is the best option IMO cause it allows Tedesco to play at 1, hes a good defender certainly better than Miller, hes going to worry the opposition with his speed ****loads more than Anasta ever will and the main thing is hes been around the team a far while so Robbie and Benji respect the **** and will listen to him. they might also listen to Anasta but its more than likely the ****s saying the wrong thing or he'll **** it up anyway.

and benji isnt a 7, he might be a leader of the team and the backline but the **** needs to play wide and run the ball, when hes playing 7 hes playing to close to the ruck. let robbie organise the forwards from the base of the ruck, give me a 7 who can tackle and give benji a good ball wide and then let him throw his no look passes or whatever else he wants to do but just make sure hes doing it infront of the opposition halves not their ****in props in the middle

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
you're right about everything except miller has had chances before and never has stepped up. carved up in the 20's but maybe its a mental thing. best of a bad bunch of options for me is tell benji to harden up and play an organising role. he could do it if he wanted to.
I don't think he can. He's had more chances than Miller at 7 and he's been unsuccessful running the show. I guess the question is whether you have a stronger combination at the club and though I haven't seen your 20s and NSW cup halfbacks I doubt that you do.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
young kid luke brooks in the 20s who played aus schoolboys last year at 7 is the future but the ****'s to young now. Moltzen is the best option IMO cause it allows Tedesco to play at 1, hes a good defender certainly better than Miller, hes going to worry the opposition with his speed ****loads more than Anasta ever will and the main thing is hes been around the team a far while so Robbie and Benji respect the **** and will listen to him. they might also listen to Anasta but its more than likely the ****s saying the wrong thing or he'll **** it up anyway.

and benji isnt a 7, he might be a leader of the team and the backline but the **** needs to play wide and run the ball, when hes playing 7 hes playing to close to the ruck. let robbie organise the forwards from the base of the ruck, give me a 7 who can tackle and give benji a good ball wide and then let him throw his no look passes or whatever else he wants to do but just make sure hes doing it infront of the opposition halves not their ****in props in the middle
Dropping Moltzen and playing Tedesco at 1 also allows Tedesco to play 1. Sorry, I really don't rate Moltzen. Absolute downhill skier, weak when things are going against him.

The Tigers need someone that can kick well, organize the forwards and defend at a reasonable level. Someone like Hodgkinson (off contract next year) would be perfect for you guys.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah hodgkinson (is that how you spell it looks wrong) must be spewing would start for half the teams in the comp. and yes moltzen is **** too. in fact half our team is ****. haven't quite gone to the parramatta school of recruiting but jeez

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Moltzen is average no doubt but hes better than anasta and miller, it would be great to have some **** like hodkinson but we don't

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hodkinson without the G - its funny though as the player he is behind isn't that much chop (Keating).

Really pleased that Potter named Bodene in the starting team. Such a good defender.

I'm going to be on the GC over the next few days, looking forward to Titans vs. Broncos. I didn't expect Titans to be the best QLD team so far this season.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hodkinson without the G - its funny though as the player he is behind isn't that much chop (Keating).

Really pleased that Potter named Bodene in the starting team. Such a good defender.

I'm going to be on the GC over the next few days, looking forward to Titans vs. Broncos. I didn't expect Titans to be the best QLD team so far this season.
I've never rated Keating but there's no question he had his best season last year, albiet with a better halves partner than he had previously. I think there's something to be said for coaches sticking with second string players who step up when required. Bennett's doing the same with Tyrone Roberts currently. Keeps all players at all levels hungry.

As for the Broncos/Titans it's a good example if what obtaining/getting rid of Scott Prince can do for a club.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've never rated Keating but there's no question he had his best season last year, albiet with a better halves partner than he had previously. I think there's something to be said for coaches sticking with second string players who step up when required. Bennett's doing the same with Tyrone Roberts currently. Keeps all players at all levels hungry.

As for the Broncos/Titans it's a good example if what obtaining/getting rid of Scott Prince can do for a club.
Yeah fair call Keating was good last year and he's not playing terrible this year but he's definitely a better playing when his team is in front.

I rate Roberts highly, he is really good to watch and I'm happy that Kidley has been shafted to allow him to play 80 minutes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Free = win.

Can confirm mates getting tickets tomorrow. No need to sit in the away supporters bay, Broncos fans will outnumber Titans IMO.

Looking forward to swapping my good clothes and mocha for a few cups of XXXX.

uvelocity

International Coach
actually changed mind, going to the game after all. yeah i think the support will be at best for the titans 50/50

uvelocity

International Coach
yep. got sucked into watching TFS the first couple of weeks, but nomore. sterlo is the best show, followed by the sunday footy show. wish they'd bring back the roast properly with vossy again.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
yep. got sucked into watching TFS the first couple of weeks, but nomore. sterlo is the best show, followed by the sunday footy show. wish they'd bring back the roast properly with vossy again.
Footy show is bad bad bad. Like "can there be worse tv than this" bad.

Have kept meaning to watch Sterlo as I really rate him. Will make an effort to tune in now.