• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Being a good support winger in tight low scoring battles could enable NSW to actually score enough points to trouble QLD.

Merritt for mine is not a poor winger at defusing tries from kicks, its just at times he comes in from his wing but its not as though that's a regular event.

Nice to have a bit of a discussion about the comps leading try scorer but you'll find he didn't end up finding a spot in my 17.
Yeah fair enough. I just don't see what some people see in the guy. I mean yeah I see him score a lot of tries but they're almost all supporting a break and falling over the line. I think some people (present company excluded) tend to just look at the try scoring stats when they judge him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The hardest part for QLD is working out which of Barba or Cherry-Evans to leave out. Personally I want Barba in my 17.

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Inglis
4 Hodges
5 Tate
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Shillington
11 Myles
12 Thaiday
13 Harrison

14 Barba
15 Hannant
16 Lillyman
17 Te'o

Gillett and Dave Taylor are close to Te'o. With Petero retired I went for the more experienced prop in Lillyman and as I mentioned before, take your pick on DCE or Barba. Will Chambers is a bolter if there is a back injury.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah still going strong, neck brace and all.

Actually you mentioned Jennings poor defence earlier, NSW could opt Tate's centre partner Kane Linnett if they wanted a great defender who is still good in attack. Won't happen but deserves to be mentioned.

uvelocity

International Coach
was good in the wwe too

ive seen the d00gan instagram thing. too many mentions of **** to linky i think

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I rate Linnett too, he won't get a run though. Not quite sure he should be ahead of Morris/Jennings but he shouldn't be too far away.

Is Gagai blue or moroon?

howardj

International Coach
The hardest part for QLD is working out which of Barba or Cherry-Evans to leave out. Personally I want Barba in my 17.

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Inglis
4 Hodges
5 Tate
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Shillington
11 Myles
12 Thaiday
13 Harrison

14 Barba
15 Hannant
16 Lillyman
17 Te'o

Gillett and Dave Taylor are close to Te'o. With Petero retired I went for the more experienced prop in Lillyman and as I mentioned before, take your pick on DCE or Barba. Will Chambers is a bolter if there is a back injury.
The thing I love about us is that the star turns - Slater, Cronk, Thurston, Smith, Inglis....they are so unconditionally hungry...never any complacency there

uvelocity

International Coach
delayed game hasnt finished on 9 yet but the live game on fox has started. ridiculous.

been good this titans game. how good was birds try and karate chop. have him in my dt. also have humble but not in the team. bummer. done better than all my other backline duds. double bummer because i forgot to sub out korobiete :(

uvelocity

International Coach
oh and that clown hadley going on about the first obstruction. that was no try ****, because the bloke knocked over actually had a shot at making the tackle. brainless. ****er.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Inglis
4 Hodges
5 Tate
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Scott
9 Smith
10 Shillington
11 Myles
12 Thaiday
13 Harrison

14 Barba
15 Hannant
16 Lillyman
17 Te'o

Josh McGuire has to be there, I know he's injured now but he'll be back in a few weeks.

uvelocity

International Coach
bit scrappy in the second half, but that was an entertaining game. warriors finishing with 12. great having vossy on comms too

uvelocity

International Coach
this lara pitt has concussions wrong. seen her a couple of times now and she seems to think any concussion is a life threatening experience. in a tiny share of occasions it can be, but the difference between the trouble they have in the nfl which is a big story, and league is that the nfl players due to the helmets are constantly getting hit in the head.

you don't want head knocks, but they happen. You only need to look at history to see what playing league does compared to nfl or boxing. League players have ruined knees, crooked noses and a nuggety physique. Boxers and linebackers are the ones who get parkinsons and have lasting mental issues in the main.