• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heroes then and Now

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok, really bored & hungover so can't be arsed to go out, so I thought I'd start a stupid thread.

Now I was thinking about sportsman who you Idolized when you first started getting into sports, and ones nowadays who you probably just tolerate more than the other ****s. Well you do if your as jaded and miserable as me.

So my lists for various sports:

Then Mike Gatting, nowadays hmm, probably Stuart Broad or Jos.
Then Nick Faldo, now Alvaro Quiros
Then Dusty Hare, now n/a
Then John Watson, now n/a
Then Tony Kellow, now really tricky one, was Ryan Harley when he was with us, always liked Joe Cole, but now he should retire, umm, probably Super Mario for the lolz.
Athletics Then, to my eternal shame Coe, I didn't know he was a ****ing Tory did I, Now, lovely, lovely Jessica, did I mention she was lovely.:wub:
Then Super brat, nowadays really struggling, such dour *****, I miss tantrums, probably Petko or Heather Watson.

Obviously there is no League player, as I'm not Northern.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Then Andrew Flintoff, now Dale Steyn.

Then Cesc Fabregas, now any **** that hasn't left Arsenal.

duffer

Oh wait, when you first started getting into sports.

Then Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley. Now Lebron James.

grecian

Oh yeah septic sports, I used to like John Riggins, and the Harlem Globetrotters.

fredfertang

Then

Robin Friday

None now, heroes let you down eventually (Friday the exception that proves the rule)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Then: Aldo, Pat Nevin. Now: Andy Robinson, Owain Fon Williams
Then: Freddie, Nasser Hussain. Now: Jimmy, Broad, Pietersen
Then: Damon Hill. Now: me in my Golf

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Then: Rahul Dravid (Cricket), Reggie Miller (Basketball), Steve Yzerman and Brendan Shanahan (Ice Hockey), Albert Pujols (Baseball).

Teja.

Global Moderator
Cricket: Then, Waqar Younis. Now, Kumar Sangakkara - if I can only name one.

Football: Then, Thierry Henry. Now, Arjen Robben (Don't really follow it - These two are the ones that have stood out form an illiterate perspective to be extremely skillfull. Particularly Robben)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Then - Robin Smith. Now - Alastair Cook
Football Then - Gary Lineker. Now - Lionel Messi
Golf Then - Nick Faldo. Now - Lee Westwood

Johnners

Cricket - Then: Ricky Ponting/Andy Bichel/Jimmy Maher. Now: Ricky Ponting/Mitchell Johnson/Callum Ferguson

Football - Then: Harry Kewell/Michael Owen/Raul . Now: Fernando Torres/Rafael van der Vaart/Sergio Aguero

Motorsport - Then: Ayrton Senna/Damon Hill/Glenn Seton. Now: Lewis Hamilton/Dan Ricciardo/Mark Winterbottom