• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff to launch boxing career!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adam Hollioake, at 40 a few years older than Fred, has been trying something similar hasn't he - boxing and cage fighting I believe. He has lost most of his money, as he's admitted.
Hollioake has an extensive martial arts background and wasnt doing it for the money either

Fred doesnt need the money, will make a **** load fighting tomato cans and will never fight anybody with a pulse

stumpski

International Captain
It's tonight, fight fans ... not too hard to see it all ending as per Ricky Hatton, but perhaps the big lad'll surprise us.

I bet he wishes it was Richard Dawson the one-time Gloucs offie - I reckon even I could take him. :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There was an admirably even handed article from Steve Bunce in The Independent this week.

He's convinced Fred's on the level, but that he is (as I said in the Boxing thread) technically very limited. Bunce dismisses any hope he'll get to Sonny Bill Williams level.

Steve Bunce said:
Flintoff's decision to fight as a professional boxer has never been a hoax and his slow and painful and bloody progress to novice heavyweight has been commendable. Flintoff is not a natural boxer and was denied a licence the first time he applied, but he has doggedly pursued the craft in the gym, even if it mostly remains out of his grasp.

Nobody is certain where Flintoff's adventure will take him and there is wild speculation that a distant showdown with All Black Sonny Bill Williams is a possibility. Well, it is not, trust me.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's apparently a naturally hard-man though Freddie isn't he. Paddy Power bloke on the radio saying he's just a cricketer not a rugby player, but didn't he in an altercation with some ruggerers, just disable them for a bit, and they all became good mates. His pain threshold must be high too after bowling with practically no cartilage for a while.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he wins tonight does it count towards his all rounder credentials?

#JacquesWho

Eds

International Debutant
Flintoff wins. Gun.

Four rounds seems a bit of a waste of time though, tbh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Very pleasantly surprised! I mean, not going to fight the Klitschko's anytime soon, but it's fantastic that he got himself into boxing shape. And hey, the man has heart.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Really pleased for Flintoff. He isnt a good boxer - how can he be after just a few months - but I admire that he took it serious and gave it his best shot. He did what I would love to do, but dont have the balls, and what a lot of people say in the pub after a few beers. "I reckon that if I took 6 months off and trained hard that I could win a professional fight." He did it and won. The only disappointing thing has been the **** he has had to take from so many of the British public and so much of the British press.

More power to you Fred. I dont know you but I am proud of you.