• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was at a flat bit early in the race so no chance to run next to them, they flew past.

And you beauty Rogers. The day I attend an Aussie wins the stage!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mods,could this please be renamed to "Pro Cycling Thread"?

Vimes, why does Pozzovivo have the no.1 for the Giro? I thought without last years winner it would go to 2nd place (Uran/EQS)? Or is it always the case that the teams classification winner gets next chop at it?

Not that it matters obvs, just thought it seemed different from what I thought to be the norm.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mods,could this please be renamed to "Pro Cycling Thread"?

Vimes, why does Pozzovivo have the no.1 for the Giro? I thought without last years winner it would go to 2nd place (Uran/EQS)? Or is it always the case that the teams classification winner gets next chop at it?

Not that it matters obvs, just thought it seemed different from what I thought to be the norm.
Second this request.

Not sure, last year Astana got #1 despite Nibali not turning up. I guess they might have gone 'if no one's going to try and defend this thing we might stop pretending #1 is an important number'. Start number allocation is by convention rather than any strict rule anyway.

Johnners

Cheers, just seemed rather random was all. The cynic in me thought it was just an excuse to give the no.1 to an Italian rider :p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love to think he's clean, but it is cycling so those nagging doubts are hard to shift.
Can say the same about any of them though, must admit I did wonder about Wiggins as well. Harsh but the way it is for that sport and probably always will be now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You're better off winning and pretending that you're completely cooked; than look as though you could keep on riding. It's like the opposite of any other psychology related to an endurance sport.

social

You're better off winning and pretending that you're completely cooked; than look as though you could keep on riding. It's like the opposite of any other psychology related to an endurance sport.
Tbf to Froome, he looked completely ****ed last night but kept hauling his arse up the mountain but the stage win where he effectively won the tour was not a good look

Anyway, history says that most of the contenders are on the juice and you have to laugh at the frogs' reaction - they've been doping in this thing for 40+ years FFS so why get the ****s now

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf to Froome, he looked completely ****ed last night but kept hauling his arse up the mountain but the stage win where he effectively won the tour was not a good look

Anyway, history says that most of the contenders are on the juice and you have to laugh at the frogs' reaction - they've been doping in this thing for 40+ years FFS so why get the ****s now
Only upset as it a Brit winning. if he was an Italian they wouldn't care. Stupid surrender monkeys.