• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
feel like the uci should have had the big meeting about whether armstrong keeps his titles and all the related stuff before the press conference

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
From a scenic point of view nice to see Fougeres in there. Lovely town. Corsica will be interesting too.

Alpe d'Huez stage is hideous... trying to copycat the extreme climbs on the Giro and Vuelta recently?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Giro wasn't too bad this year - Hesjedal and De Gendt are hardly climbers extraordinare.

I'm not sure that Alpe stage is as bad as some people have made out; it's not unusual to have multiple major summits in a Queen Stage or the like, and crossing the Alpe first time out is likely to be all en peleton save the crazy break of the day. The finish into Semnoz on Stage 20 looks more Vuelta-like to me.

Spooony

Banned
Anyone crazy enough to enter it must be on something...

As for TdF its a tradition to cheat since 1903 till 2011. Methods changed but from catching trains, getting pulled by a car with a string to drinking Amstrongs semen cheating is a tradition

Flame on!

uvelocity

International Coach
in the most gutting news for armstrong to date, he has been stripped of the keys to adelaide.

if this won't make him fight the charges, nothing will

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What some people will do to win Sports Personality of the Year, tsk.

Still voting for Ennis.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, saw it reported earlier in the week.

Sure the whole charade will be truly emetic.

Odds on him blaming his cancer?

benchmark00

Btw, I have strong doubts that he'll admit it. If he admits it straight out he faces financial ruin surely.

If he does admit it, he'll do it in a way where he's not legally liable, which I'm not sure is possible, but I don't know much about the situation.

Spikey

well from the AP article

Any potential perjury charges stemming from his sworn testimony denying doping in a 2005 arbitration fight with a Dallas promotions company over a contract bonus worth $7.5 million have passed the statute of limitations.
he's got other cases, but the prejury problem was the reason everyone assumed he wouldn't admit it, but if that's out of the way...

i'm not sure if he can go on there, grab the attention of the world, and try to get away with just half-admitting it. you know, saying 'maybe as a team we did some things that were wrong...'. it seems to me he has to either admit it to doping, or say nothing. of course, it seems to me you shouldn't dope so clearly Lance and I are on different wave lengths

benchmark00

well from the AP article

he's got other cases, but the prejury problem was the reason everyone assumed he wouldn't admit it, but if that's out of the way...

i'm not sure if he can go on there, grab the attention of the world, and try to get away with just half-admitting it. you know, saying 'maybe as a team we did some things that were wrong...'. it seems to me he has to either admit it to doping, or say nothing. of course, it seems to me you shouldn't dope so clearly Lance and I are on different wave lengths
But surely there are tons of civil cases that could be brought against him, not to mention the possibility of criminal charges. I dunno, I just don't think he can get away with admitting it straight out and getting away scott free (as in no further implications).

Hope he does admit it though, no question.