• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator
The Orica backstage pass vids are great, don't know why more teams do it.

Anyway, Froome should be able to wrap un the tour today in the mountain time trail. Yates will be looking to gain time on Mollema who looked vulnerable yesterday

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He sealed it yesterday. Frankly Quintana has looked a bit like Cadel Evans in the years prior to winning it, ie never really looking likely of gaining time

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The Orica backstage pass vids are great, don't know why more teams do it.

Anyway, Froome should be able to wrap un the tour today in the mountain time trail. Yates will be looking to gain time on Mollema who looked vulnerable yesterday
Yates will have enough to work with keeping the other humans at bay to stay on the podium, I think.

Needs some Sky marginal gains to take the last step

Spikey

Yates really needed to gain time on Mollema in the TT. Alas he will probably slip out (although it helps that Quintana hasn't looked like putting time into anyone, Porte is the challenger )

still, what a massive success it's been for him

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still think he has a decent chance of beating Mollema after what we saw on Wednesday. Porte could easily beat both of them of course, Bardet as well perhaps.

Spikey

yeah kudos Pothas. happy that Bardet got second. Feels weird for Quintana to get third given how little he did, but I guess that's way it goes. Would have been cool if Valverde somehow made up the time last night and got over to third.

I stayed up for almost every night of the tour (typically an 1am finish) but I crashed as soon as Geraint Thomas took over the pacemaking last night. i probably should have stayed on but whatever, as soon as that happened I figured nothing interesting would happen in the GC. For me, this was the most fun tour since Team Sky's dominance started, although that might just be because the amazing Paris Roubaix and Giro got me back into it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The last week was quite enjoyable, with the GC out of play we got some nice rides for the stage honours. Shame the weather didn't play ball yesterday, but Bardet as runner-up is fun.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well done Froome.. 3 times winner.
And well done Yates too. First ever British winner of the white jersey .

Burgey

Can those who have some knowledge of cycling tell me where Richie Porte ranks among the current crop? Is he a chance at winning a grand tour, even the TDF, or is he not in that league?

Pothas

Could argue that he was the second strongest rider on the Tour last year, just had loads of bad luck so he could win one, but unlikely that he would beat Froome if the latter had no incidents though.

Johnners

Could definitely win a Grand Tour, but as Pothas said would need some good fortune to beat Froome. Biggest issue he's had in years past though is along with a bit of bad luck, he's tended to have one really poor day that puts him out of proper contention.

Spikey

Could argue that he was the second strongest rider on the Tour last year, just had loads of bad luck so he could win one, but unlikely that he would beat Froome if the latter had no incidents though.
I don't think there's any argument he was the second best tbh, although I suppose effectively being out of it so soon into it makes a comparison between him and Quintana a bit unfair