• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia get revenge on England

Craig

World Traveller
In Women's Hockey Australia got revenge on England by trashing them 5-0, although one of the Australian goals was a mere tap in.

nibbs

International Captain
Yeah, I bet all Australians feel much better now.

The other day NZ beat Australia at Marbles. I can't tell you how great that felt. TAKE THAT AUSTRALIA, REVENGE IS SO SWEET!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty certain that England would take the World Cup title over a women's hockey win any day.

Nibbs said it perfectly. I'm proud of your execution of sarcasm. :)

Kimbo

International Debutant
To be fair, I think Australia could get "revenge" on England in most sports.

nibbs

International Captain
Kimbo said:
To be fair, I think Australia could get "revenge" on England in most sports.
It'll take a lot of winning if they are gonna take revenge. The rugby world cup is a more sentimental thing, so all the beating of England may not be enough...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I watched the whole game and was dismayed at the poor sportsmanship shown by both sides.

It was truly dreadful and both sides should be ashamed of themselves.

They didn't exchange shirts

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Damn those tight fitting Rugby WC Shirts :!( :!( :!(
Let's clear this up now!

I meant that it was awful that the Women's hockey teams didn't exchange shirts (and skirts, thanks, Kim)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
As for Australia's so called "revenge," no disrespect to the England Women's Hockey Team, but I couldn't have cared less if they had lost to Nepal!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, we got effectiveley the tennis world cup as well now after the scud eventually beat Ferrero to take an unvbeatable 3-1 lead in the Davis cup final :):):)

i beleive Lleyton also broke the australian record for the most rubbers won for Australia overall with like 23

Eclipse

International Debutant
We dont need revenge against England.

England had the better side and deserved to win IMO.

besides the amount of times we have beaten England in sport I dont think England will ever get enough revenge against us no matter what they win.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I for one am looking forward to Euro 2004 - at least there's no chance of the Aussies beating us there! :lol: :lol: :lol: