• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It doesn't even though. You get a bit of subtle shirt-holding and impeding but you don't often get players rugby-tackling someone who's about to score.
It really was a rugby tackle as well, such a ridiculous thing to do, particularly since only 10 mins had been played.

VCC44

School Boy/Girl Captain
They might fade as the season goes on but Southampton are a decent enough side. Reading look doomed, Villa are painfully dire and if QPR do get it together I fear Wigan's time finally may have come.
I think QPR might have left it too late, I reckon they'll go. They've looked absolutely awful at times this season. I think it's 3 from the bottom 6 (Fulham and Sunderland should be ok) and unfortunately I reckon Wigan might slip into it. Reading will go so it'll probably be one of QPR or Villa.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It'd be a mammoth effort for QPR to stay up, but they're only 2 points behind Reading, and less than 6 behind Villa and Wigan. Not bad considering their dreadful start.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure whether to credit Rodgers for his half-time changes or criticise him for getting it wrong at the start.
I reckon Rodgers will do well and is a good tactician overall...but that was an abysmally wrong decision to have no one on Carrick. You guys were raping us in midfield until the changes. He changed a formation that had been working for us in the previous games with Henderson just behind Suarez, pressing and being a nuisance. If he had played that same formation we would have had a much better game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. A German with a Scouse accent versus a **** with a French accent.

Fair to say every right-thinking human being siding with the former.

Highlights for those of us with lives without Twatter?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably my favourite bit:

Is that working - cant tell on my phone

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As someone else later commented, takes something special to get a heap of Englishmen siding with a German.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Has to be said that the quality of sports-writing for a lot of papers in England, often differs greatly from the rest of the newspaper as a whole. The Torygraph has good writing for sports is horrible elsewhere, and don't even get me started on the online-blogs click-bait. Delingpole and Young are just hideous.

My dad, a Labour man used to always buy the Mail weekdays and the Telegraph on weekends, even during the 80s when they were basically Maggie ****-sheets. He just never read anything but sport and tv.

The tabs are universally **** at everything though.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Barton's a moron...but honestly, Didi should never have engaged him like that. Reminds of the Bernard Shaw saying; never wrestle a pig, you get dirty and the pig likes it.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently he wants to bring his tactics too and employ a false 9 so see what happens with Gomez.

So static at times but how haven't we scored tonight.