• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, definitely a bit of both. In the end, he didn't fit, and has high wages, so may as well move him on. Best of luck to him. :)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Very strange one that. Hard to tell if we should be questioning him or Liverpool.
He didn't settle in and circumstances played against him.

In "Being Liverpool" Rodgers said the initial plan was to put Gerrard as one of the attacking 3 players and with Nuri to be with Lucas and Allen in the midfield. When Lucas got injured that kind of got put out of the window.

Besides a few games he couldn't handle the pace nor the physicality of the premier league. I don't know if it is because he simply isn't the same player as he was pre-injury or that he just hadn't had enough time to adapt. Regardless, Liverpool only had a year loan and it was unlikely he'd click this year, if he ever was to.

Aside from that, Gerrard is bossing it now in the middle with Lucas and guys like Henderson and Shelvey have stepped up more for the attacking point in the 3-midfield. Nuri might rebuild his career but he wasn't as advertised for us.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Villa really up **** creek now, if they weren't already. Pleased Soton won, but sounds rather like a dubious pen tstl.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cracking result for the Royals for once - at this rate the rest of the season might be almost bearable
Not quite sure how they pulled that one off tbh. Was listening to the radio till about 20 mins before the end, and sounded like they weren't in it at all up till that point.

Given all the other results today, though, it looks like a crucial win.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great game from Jon Walters. Two OGs, one a cracking finish and then hits a penalty into row z.
Just desserts for his manager's rant at the referee at half time. I know I'm in a minority here, but the FA need to clamp down on this, ditto Ferguson's job on the referee at half time against Newcastle the other week. Who cares whether these invertebrates decide to complain? It's plain to one and all what's going on, and it's sending a clear message to players, coaches and spectators everywhere that it's OK. And then we end up with recent events in the Netherlands. It could almost make a rugby fan out of me.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Such a good article from Neville in the Daily Mail. Never thought I could like him when he was playing, but I was very wrong.

Excited for the game tonight. Would take a point in a heartbeat. Realistically just don't want to be embarrassed, or have another player sent off...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just desserts for his manager's rant at the referee at half time. I know I'm in a minority here, but the FA need to clamp down on this, ditto Ferguson's job on the referee at half time against Newcastle the other week. Who cares whether these invertebrates decide to complain? It's plain to one and all what's going on, and it's sending a clear message to players, coaches and spectators everywhere that it's OK. And then we end up with recent events in the Netherlands. It could almost make a rugby fan out of me.
Ha, weirdly enough, coaches whinging about refs is the current hot potato in English union circles. Leicester Tigers' coach Dick ****erill rejoices in the nickname "Sir Alex", in fact.

Brian Moore in The Torygraph.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Basically saying that it's unfair to leap to judgment about Suarez because he's a product of his upbringing and racism aside all of the furore over "cheating" is overblown.

So odd to be seeing it in the Mail, the antithesis of everything they stand for.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, weirdly enough, coaches whinging about refs is the current hot potato in English union circles. Leicester Tigers' coach Dick ****erill rejoices in the nickname "Sir Alex", in fact.

Brian Moore in The Torygraph.
I started reading it until it became far too technical for me.

There is, however, a difference between post-match interview moans and the verbal assaults on officials that Ferguson and Pullis have dished out lately. As things stand, the former is a far more serious offence than the latter, which strikes me as odd.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Basically saying that it's unfair to leap to judgment about Suarez because he's a product of his upbringing and racism aside all of the furore over "cheating" is overblown.

So odd to be seeing it in the Mail, the antithesis of everything they stand for.
Thanks. I know that Neville's been terrific on Sky, so it's no surprise that his written pieces should be just as good.