Page 92 of 343 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Di Matteo does not seem a self-delusional sort either; he knew that they never really wanted him. In less than two year has gone from being a manager fired by West Brom to a Champions League winner with a much larger bank balance.
    Yeah, I doubt whether he's bothered at all. He knew what he was getting into, and he's come out of it in a far stronger position than he was 12 months ago. His non-selection of Torres in Turin was almost a final 'FU' at Abramovich along the lines of he might as well go on his terms rather than anyone else's.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'm tempted to stick a fiver on Dortmund as an outside bet for the Champions League.

Reus, Gotze and Lewandowski is a ludicrously good front 3.
    It's how they work together that always impresses me. Get so many goals from the well-organised pressure they put on defenders that aren't used to dealing with it.

Would definitely wait til February and see if they've had any big injuries before putting money on them, though. Odds won't change much so might as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

They are already a long way behind Bayern in the league which could be a help as well.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Bit of a throwback from Joe Cole there.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Bit of a throwback from Joe Cole there.

I do love how all the 'pool fans slag him off for being knackered, for leanihg on his knees. He's always done that, just his way of taken a breather. Have these people watched any other team in the last 20 years.
    Last edited by grecian; 22-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

No, they haven't.

And yeah, I'm a fan. Seem to remember drunkenly raging about him not being brought on against Algeria in the 2010 WC. Not that he he was in any state to make a difference in that tournament, fitness wise, but.

Under-appreciated player in general, IMO.

Class performance from the little man.

Gotta say, Liverpool's attacking play has looked impressive. Don't seem solid enough for the counter attacking style to work against better sides though which I suppose explains their mediocre leagues position.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Think Joe Cole's uber cockerneeishness wound/winds a few people up the wrong way.

Plus we have, as a football watching nation, an inbuilt mistrust of skillful players, especially if they sometimes look a little lazy (& Joe has the kind of physique that gains weight easily too). Another to join the ranks of Hoddle, Waddle, B*rnes, Le Tiss, etc
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Respect for the filtering and point taken.

Cracking game this. Think the fact Liverpool threw it away backs up my point that they don't have the solidity to play so openly. Rodgers needs to be more pragmatic.

Brumby's tip of him being out by season end still looking good value.

Eds
    I think the owners realising that actually they ****ed up during the transfer window will give him a few extra months even if he's under extreme pressure.

Meanwhile, typical Liverpool. Yawn.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Think Joe Cole's uber cockerneeishness wound/winds a few people up the wrong way.

Plus we have, as a football watching nation, an inbuilt mistrust of skillful players, especially if they sometimes look a little lazy (& Joe has the kind of physique that gains weight easily too). Another to join the ranks of Hoddle, Waddle, B*rnes, Le Tiss, etc
    Not fit to lace their boots imo. That being said, he has never been the sort of player to function in a good old 4-4-2 formation, and he was certainly never suited to playing on the left of midfield as he did for a while at international level. Perhaps slightly before his time - I think he'd have done better in the sort of formations we routinely see in the EPL nowadays,

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Not fit to lace their boots imo. That being said, he has never been the sort of player to function in a good old 4-4-2 formation, and he was certainly never suited to playing on the left of midfield as he did for a while at international level. Perhaps slightly before his time - I think he'd have done better in the sort of formations we routinely see in the EPL nowadays,
    Not so sure myself, but it doesn't really matter, I think the point is they were all Distrusted by a certain section of fans ad press.

Cole a much better England player than Barnes, but then not hard. He also would have won more English Titles than the other three put together, but again not arduous.

Actually just checked he's won more than all of them put together, a bit of a case of Lies, damn lies and Statistics though.
    Last edited by grecian; 22-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Not so sure myself, but it doesn't really matter, I think the point is they were all Distrusted by a certain section of fans ad press.

Cole a much better England player than Barnes, but then not hard. He also would have won more English Titles than the other three put together, but again not arduous.

Actually just checked he's won more than all of them put together, a bit of a case of Lies, damn lies and Statistics though.
    I think so (your last point). Especially when you consider how many titles Phil Neal won.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I think so (your last point). Especially when you consider how many titles Phil Neal won.
    Ditto (& doubly so) Comrade Gary.

Least Phil could take pens half decently.

Not sure why you'd use Neal and Neville as examples, both the best right back in England of their time.

Steve Nicol and Wes Brown probably better.

Thread Information