• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh someone was whining about not giving yoof a chance. I quoted someone saying the right thing and said yeah, Scott Bennett hasn't been giving a go, despite him being an ever-present, and someone called me up on my comment.

Exeweb tends to hurt my brain though, so my fault for posting
lol. :laugh:

**** on Exeweb said:
He graduated to the first team squad and is now a regular. How does that make him ignored?
Yeah, I think yer man (?) there is definitely sincere. Having a pedant's zeal I recognise it in others.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Retrospective one-game ban for Suarez imo.

Seriously though, love a good handball goal but how the **** have all of the officials missed that?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Seriously though, love a good handball goal but how the **** have all of the officials missed that?
Yeah, it's on the assistant's side too and pretty clear. His reaction initally is a giveaway too.

Eds

International Debutant

They adjudged it to be non-deliberate, so says Brendan Rodgers, who apparently spoke to the fourth official after the game.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They adjudged it to be non-deliberate, so says Brendan Rodgers, who apparently spoke to the fourth official after the game.
That's the easier excuse to take now for them. Not sure that works either because most of the Handballs are instinctive rather than planned.

People have been given Reds for moving their arm towards the ball instinctively on the line.

Uppercut

Seems to move towards it and his hand's definitely not in a natural position anyway.

I think generally fans (and to a lesser extent refs) are a bit too liberal with their definition of "deliberate" but I don't believe that he could have possibly seen that and still decided not to give it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The commentator making a big deal about Suarez kissing his hand was embarrassing though. It's not like its the first time he's scored is it?

Fair play to Mansfield anyway, put in a good performance and arguably deserved a replay. Former CW **** Matteh will be chuffed with them I'd have thought.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Suarez kisses his wrist for some reason when he scores, I am not sure what its about. The commentator made it out as if he was doing it this time to rub it in the oppositions' faces.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The commentator making a big deal about Suarez kissing his hand was embarrassing though. It's not like its the first time he's scored is it?

Fair play to Mansfield anyway, put in a good performance and arguably deserved a replay. Former CW **** Matteh will be chuffed with them I'd have thought.
Suarez is a ****, but we all knew that anyway.

I think what you have found there on Exeweb is a classic case of knee-jerk Tis-defence. Hardly too surprising when people post such steaming mounds of vitriolic horse turd against the manager with regularity.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah, spoke to him earlier, he was quite pleased, minus the Suarez incident.

Was more keen to tell me about his recent cycling endeavours, however.

Uppercut

Suarez kisses his wrist for some reason when he scores, I am not sure what its about. The commentator made it out as if he was doing it this time to rub it in the oppositions' faces.
He kisses the tattoo of his daughter's name on his wrist. Except this time he didn't, he kissed his hand instead.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He kisses the tattoo of his daughter's name on his wrist. Except this time he didn't, he kissed his hand instead.
He kisses his wedding band (where it would be) and his wrist. He always does that, and did this time too.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
FIFA World XI 2012:

Casillas - Alves - Ramos - Piqué - Marcelo - Alonso - Xavi - Messi - Iniesta - Ronaldo - Falcao

Otherwise known as the Barca-Real combined XI (plus Falcao).

Uppercut

Can't really argue with much of that. At least they're being honest, wouldn't have expected them to focus so heavily on one country.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pirlo over Alonso is the main suggestion I've read. Not seen enough of Pirlo outside the Euros in the last year for an informed opinion; based on that alone he'd be a shoo in though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disagree tbh.
Casillas has been dropped by Madrid but there's not exactly and obvious person to replace him, Kompany is a better CB than Pique let alone Ramos. Llahm ahead of Marcelo, Pirlo over Alonso and RVP ahead of Falcao IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anyway, I don't understand why the debate about this incident is about sportsmanship, it should be about why there's not a system in place to correct obvious refereeing mistakes.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disagree tbh.
Casillas has been dropped by Madrid but there's not exactly and obvious person to replace him, Kompany is a better CB than Pique let alone Ramos. Llahm ahead of Marcelo, Pirlo over Alonso and RVP ahead of Falcao IMHO.
Casillas not been dropped becase of his keeping though has he?

Think Ramos is fair enough, he was brilliant in the summer, agree with Pirlo over Alonso. Dani Alves is the strange one for me, not been at his best for a little while now, would have gone Lahm at right back and Alba at left back personally. Rest of it is spot on, RVP is brilliant but I would still go with Falcao.