• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

cpr

International Coach
Ahh, I apologize I remembered you wanting Barton too, he'd be better than Carroll tbf, even up front.
Nah, the Barton debacle was the year before, before he went to QPR. Reckon he'd have been a useful free to have, give the midfield more bite as it was (and still is) woefully short of someone who can tackle. Reckon playing for a good team would leave him less likely to get frustrated at his teammates/the ref/the world (though the opportunity to lay into the opposition never passes him by), and if anyone could knock the ****wad out of him, then Fergie could

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
not really it looked like that at the time, he knew he handballed it, was decisive for the goal. He's a ****.
Maybe, but to me this is one of those times when it's like a batsman who edges it but doesn't walk (based on the gif posted in here, I didn't actually see the game). Whilst he undeniably controlled it with his hand, the ball was coming at him by the looks of things. This wasn't a hand of god type incident, unless I'm mistaken.

Eds

International Debutant
I don't know of many footballers that would go to the ref, and admit to that being a handball.

We've seen so many great players, who are by all accounts great guys off the pitch, do similar and/or worse things. I wouldn't label Scholes, Messi, Henry etc. ****s.

Although, granted, Suarez is a ****. Just irrelevantly to this, really.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe, but to me this is one of those times when it's like a batsman who edges it but doesn't walk (based on the gif posted in here, I didn't actually see the game). Whilst he undeniably controlled it with his hand, the ball was coming at him by the looks of things. This wasn't a hand of god type incident, unless I'm mistaken.
nah, he moves the hand to the ball, IMHO.

grecian

I think I've just had the most sarcastic post I've made on Exeweb, taken seriously, my head aches.

grecian

Well, share it with the rest of the class then.
Oh someone was whining about not giving yoof a chance. I quoted someone saying the right thing and said yeah, Scott Bennett hasn't been giving a go, despite him being an ever-present, and someone called me up on my comment.

Exeweb tends to hurt my brain though, so my fault for posting

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That's like the best angle of the incident, and still looks bad.

Probably more will be made out of it, then what's due but then that's because it's Suarez and he is a habitual offender.

Last edited: