• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Exeter City hooligan fan in *** change shocker

From The Currant Bun

My word. :-O I don't want to be too flippant about what I'm sure has been a heartfelt and difficult, etc decision, but she looks about as feminine as Merv Hughes.

Given we have two of Exeter City's finest on CW and being a grecian is a pretty exclusive club I would if either has come across her when she was still a him on Exeweb or elsewhere?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From The Currant Bun

My word. :-O I don't want to be too flippant about what I'm sure has been a heartfelt and difficult, etc decision, but she looks about as feminine as Merv Hughes.

Given we have two of Exeter City's finest on CW and being a grecian is a pretty exclusive club I would if either has come across her when she was still a him on Exeweb or elsewhere?
Nah, don't know of him/her. It actually says later in the article he only went to a few games at City, mainly ING-ER-LAND.

Anyway Alphington is Plymouth side of the river:unsure:

grecian

Palace vs Stoke today is as good an excuse as any to post this footage, including Don Rogers in his pomp at 6: 40. ITV's goal of the season in 1973, apparently.

Stoke city away at crystal palace 1972/73 season RRPNG4 - YouTube

Was all downhill from him after he left Swindon:p

Anyway, what a weird season, another away win, 9 in total, 5 in a row, but abject at home.

Oh well done fred's team for beating the Crawlies, more exhaustive ****ing coverage from the meedja about the plucky underdogs, forgetting they're massively bank-rolled.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Was all downhill from him (Rogers) after he left Swindon:p
tbf he looked as if he needed to be running downhill, given how much weight he was carrying. But he did give us a glorious 3 months or so.

It was odd that no-one came in for him after the 1969 League Cup Final actually.

grecian

Conflicted here, love Joey Cole, hate Allardyce, but on adding it all up, I'm pretty happy about this, mainly because of the stick the Twatteratti and Liverpool fans have given Joe. He's been mentioned along with Bogarde as terrible free transfers. Yet he was injured most of the time, and recently he did okay, but Rodgers wanted rid. Fair Enough, not his signing, but not really anywhere close in the recent Liverpool transfer disasters.

He'll still end up with League winners medals, whilst Stevie G will end up with none, suck it deluded 'pool fans.

Oh and man u are losing, which I've been known to like :shy:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hammers can count themselves unlucky there. I thought they did enough to win it - I was particularly impressed by their ability to score the exact same goal twice - though I won't deny that I do love United being able to bring the best player in the country off the bench to do something like that. Wonderful ball from Giggsy too.

grecian

Hammers can count themselves unlucky there. I thought they did enough to win it - I was particularly impressed by their ability to score the exact same goal twice - though I won't deny that I do love United being able to bring the best player in the country off the bench to do something like that. Wonderful ball from Giggsy too.
CPR would probably still prefer to sign Barton than van Persie....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What was Jean Louis Akpa Akpro doing on the bench for you ****s?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Conflicted here, love Joey Cole, hate Allardyce, but on adding it all up, I'm pretty happy about this, mainly because of the stick the Twatteratti and Liverpool fans have given Joe. He's been mentioned along with Bogarde as terrible free transfers. Yet he was injured most of the time, and recently he did okay, but Rodgers wanted rid. Fair Enough, not his signing, but not really anywhere close in the recent Liverpool transfer disasters.

He'll still end up with League winners medals, whilst Stevie G will end up with none, suck it deluded 'pool fans.
At one point, my 10 year old asked me about Trevor Brooking, who was shown watching the game. After being told that he was a very fine midfielder, he asked if I meant like Gerrard, or Lampard. To which the answer was in the negative. At which point I was struggling, as English football stopped producing midfielders like Brooking a couple of decades ago. Then Cole sent in those lovely crosses for the West Ham goals, and I had some sort of basis for comparison, remembering how often Brooking did that for Keegan in their England days and any number of Hammers forwards. Much more of this quality of supply, and maybe Andy Carroll will break his duck this season.

grecian

At one point, my 10 year old asked me about Trevor Brooking, who was shown watching the game. After being told that he was a very fine midfielder, he asked if I meant like Gerrard, or Lampard. To which the answer was in the negative. At which point I was struggling, as English football stopped producing midfielders like Brooking a couple of decades ago. Then Cole sent in those lovely crosses for the West Ham goals, and I had some sort of basis for comparison, remembering how often Brooking did that for Keegan in their England days and any number of Hammers forwards. Much more of this quality of supply, and maybe Andy Carroll will break his duck this season.
Yeah. It's a toughie comparing now isn't it, technical ability was so much better often, back then, but it was a slower game, and the likes of Brooking and Hoddle hardly broke into a sweat. I loved Robbo at the time, but I kind of regret that all England Mids since seem to be built in his image since, rather than true ball players.

Edit actually Scholes and Gazza followed a bit in the tradition of decent technical players apart from the insane tackling both did/do.

Last edited:

grecian

Actually I said I'd prefer Carroll over RVP.

I still honestly believe that I was completely wrong
Ahh, I apologize I remembered you wanting Barton too, he'd be better than Carroll tbf, even up front.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Oh and man u are losing, which I've been known to like :shy:
I think a lot of 'Pool fans really like Cole and wish it'd have worked out. At worst, he was class off the pitch. Rarely caused a ruckus or said the wrong thing. Was always trying and supportive despite it all.

grecian

I think a lot of 'Pool fans really like Cole and wish it'd have worked out. At worst, he was class off the pitch. Rarely caused a ruckus or said the wrong thing. Was always trying and supportive despite it all.
yeah fair enough, I only see the worst of it from twitter, I did notice the proper fans who go to the matches never booed him, and seemed supportive.

Oh and I think the @pool comment that pushed me over the edge this evening was "oh yeah he's good at being a big fish in a small pond" conveniently forgetting Chelsea are a much bigger fish than them nowadays.

Last edited: