• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Reckon Mourinho just trolled Liverpool into improving Gerrard's contract so that they couldn't actually afford good players.

Smart man is Jose. A complete dick, but smart.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, their inability to recruit good players meant they had to buy a load of crap, so no wonder Gerrard stood out. His performances have been made to look a lot better by virtue of the fact he's been surrounded by so much dross. Lampard on the other hand, has repeatedly stood out as a key man in a much better side.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, would've been funnier had he let them spend vast amounts of money on crap in a bid to keep up. Especially if the players they did sign were overpriced British players...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I honestly believe that had Gerard Lopez not had his career ruined by injuries, he would have been better than Steven Gerrard. All the top teams in Europe were after him at one stage, a slightly more prestigious honour than being accused of beating up someone in a nightclub.

Was a sham that he wasn't convicted, quite frankly.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't recall Barcelona ever trying to sign the thug, so safe to say you're right with that one..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it's close tbh. Gerrard turns up for big games, Lampard turns up for every game. Hence Gerrard only won cup competitions while Lampard won cup competitions and three league titles.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
He's been having a great season. 4 goals and 8 assists (#1 in the EPL, #3 in Europe) all while playing deep in that midfield 3. Isn't getting the headlines as much anymore but still brilliant.
I see you're contributing on the Graun now Ikki. Or else someone with your name is copying your posts word for word. :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yessssss Chamakh is gone.

Not a terrible signing for West Ham though imo. Bet he'll get more goals than Carroll.