• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can see 'arry's brilliant managerial skills, particularly the bit about saying all his players are rubbish, is working well here.
All part of a clever ploy by droopy face. QPR stay up, he's a genius. They go down, wasn't his fault, he got left a pile of dross.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gary Neville is probably the best thing that's ever happened to Sky Sports football.

Watching the rerun of MNF and he has just had a ten minute rant about the fact that elite sport is about playing to win and how anyone expecting players not to push things to the edge is deluding themselves, and they should go and watch a choir instead.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, brilliant. It didn't need Neville to show up the others at Sky...but he makes it even more painfully obvious. Its strange these days actually wanting to turn up the volume to hear a pundit.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok will do this without actually praising Neville in a direct way, as it goes against every principle I have but...

It's really good that after the so-called cataclysm of losing Key and Gray from Sky coverage, we actually have people who understand the Modern Game. It has been much better since, rather than some tired old cliches from guys in their comfort-zone.

Could do without Jamie ****ing Redknapp though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
To be fair, he's a top, top, er, he once played for England didn't he?

In other news, football grounds should not be in industrial estates. Soulless, isolated, grey, cold, estates. I don't know if their location directly causes **** football matches, but Wycombe is currently nearly as bad as Chester and Salisbury on both counts.

I'm struggling to find the effort to stand for the second half.

grecian

To be fair, he's a top, top, er, he once played for England didn't he?

In other news, football grounds should not be in industrial estates. Soulless, isolated, grey, cold, estates. I don't know if their location directly causes **** football matches, but Wycombe is currently nearly as bad as Chester and Salisbury on both counts.

I'm struggling to find the effort to stand for the second half.
What did you think of Curo's sending off?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What did you think of Curo's sending off?
I looked away at the instant it happened (i.e. towards the ball).

The chat around me involved the word "petulant". Waiting for the replay, but seemed utterly brain-dead to me. Wycombe had been playing anti-football for the previous half-hour and he lashed out... thick.

The goal should comfortably win "own goal of the day". Could have put it anywhere, but opted to stick in through his own net, in front of 300+ disbelieving/ecstatic away fans.

grecian

I looked away at the instant it happened (i.e. towards the ball).

The chat around me involved the word "petulant". Waiting for the replay, but seemed utterly brain-dead to me. Wycombe had been playing anti-football for the previous half-hour and he lashed out... thick.

The goal should comfortably win "own goal of the day". Could have put it anywhere, but opted to stick in through his own net, in front of 300+ disbelieving/ecstatic away fans.
interesting, yeah barge seemed to think he'd go, but the comm was shocked.

Been to many home games this year, I'm finding this disparity in form odd, can't work it out really. It's not down to us being negative hence just hitting on the break, we always look to go forward 43? games since a goaless draw. Very odd.

We just seem to miss a lot of chabces at home, but are clinical away.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well played Soton, deserved that. Some of the Arsenal players looked like they enjoyed their NYE a little too much. Weren't at the races at all.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
interesting, yeah barge seemed to think he'd go, but the comm was shocked.

Been to many home games this year, I'm finding this disparity in form odd, can't work it out really. It's not down to us being negative hence just hitting on the break, we always look to go forward 43? games since a goaless draw. Very odd.

We just seem to miss a lot of chabces at home, but are clinical away.
We had one shot on target today...

I wonder if it's down to us being better at carving out chances when a defence gives us more space to run in behind, rather than sitting deeper as they may do at home, and then picking us off on the counter-attack...?

Don't see us enough at home to comment...

grecian

We had one shot on target today...

I wonder if it's down to us being better at carving out chances when a defence gives us more space to run in behind, rather than sitting deeper as they may do at home, and then picking us off on the counter-attack...?

Don't see us enough at home to comment...
Yeah, but we were down to 10-men for much of the match. Oh well let's hope we can turn it around at home, I really like Keohane BTW reckon he's better than Sercs.

Edit, just seen the goal, yeah silly, but TBF, 2 city players were putting pressure on him, which is decent in the 83rd minute, down to 10 men for a while.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, but we were down to 10-men for much of the match. Oh well let's hope we can turn it around at home, I really like Keohane BTW reckon he's better than Sercs.
Even with 11 men, we had plenty of ball and carved out all of zero clear chances. I'm not sure Cureton did anything about from get himself caught offside once. It was all keep-ball-and-wait, which is fine, but with men behind the ball like we'll face at SJP, I can see how we don't get through... and then get hit on the counter.

grecian

Oh there's no doubt it's partly that, but we were all over Oxford until they got their goal, and Curo's two misses against the slime, will always be in my mind.

Do think it's getting a bot psychological.