• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did Sledger and Windie Weathers come back on the same day? Have we seen either in a room together:detective

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fellaini a lucky lad, probably got less for holding hands up and apologising unlike how some players react to being charged for stuff they do.

Scaly piscine

Hmm Liverpool may be lining themselves up for more mockery. Buying back a guy for 6m after they sold him for 250k. Sturridge at 12m is interesting.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah it isn't just buying him back it is doing it so soon after selling him. You quite often see players who were let go as teenagers returning to clubs many years later but not many sold and got back again 18 months later.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Paying £12m for Sturridge is pretty steep tbh. He'll be a reasonable enough signing for them though, I imagine. Won't drastically improve them, I don't suppose, but would add some depth, which they desperately need.

Uppercut

Hahaha Sturridge. They must have the least imaginative scouting network of all time.

The policy of paying ridiculous sums of money for overhyped Brits will come good eventually, give it time.

Uppercut

In other news, Wilshere's signed a new long-term deal. Disappointing, was hoping United could steal him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, managed to sign up Jenkinson, Ox, Gibbs and Ramsey as well. Not all that bothered about Ramsey, but glad the rest of them have been tied down. Just need to get Theo to follow suit now.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sturridge isn't over-hyped at all. Realistically, if he was, he'd of been in the squad for the Euros at the very least. Extreme potential the lad has imo.

duffer

Yeah, managed to sign up Jenkinson, Ox, Gibbs and Ramsey as well. Not all that bothered about Ramsey, but glad the rest of them have been tied down. Just need to get Theo to follow suit now.
I think he's off. Playing for a big deal elsewhere.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think he's off. Playing for a big deal elsewhere.
I'd be surprised if he goes tbh, and I think he'd be a fool to leave anyway. Wenger clearly rates him, to some degree at least, and I doubt any of the teams who could pay him more than Arsenal would actually want him. And even if they did, he'd unlikely be a guaranteed starter, and would never enjoy the kind of patience he gets at Arsenal.

Did enjoy this pic from today though:

Jack WAG.