• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell was petr cech doing on Johnson's goal:huh:

oh, funny pic

lets remember he was better than Cleverly even when he was injured.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lindegaard's fairly poor at dealing with crosses but when I watch De Gea I sometimes can't believe a professional goalkeeper can be so bad at it. Remember the goal against Fulham?

With Lindegaard you might get a handful more "he arguably could have done better with that one" goals conceded but with De Gea you regularly get proper "oh my god how on earth did he manage to give them a goal out of that" moments. His shot-stopping isn't as great as people sometimes like to make out either, and his distribution is surprisingly rubbish (although Lindegaard's is too).

I'd play De Gea against most teams in the CL and teams like Arsenal or Swansea but I think Fergie's got it right in picking Lindegaard against West Ham and Reading.
I'm thinking you don't watch either regularly.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LoL Roseboy.

Anyway Football League show will you please stop saying that championship sides are looking at Harry Forrester, might give them ideas.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You guys right up there now. The league is so tight that if we lost our next two games we could slip out of the top six. And yet I'm not sure how we've stayed top with such a mediocre run of form.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What the hell was petr cech doing on Johnson's goal:huh:

oh, funny pic

lets remember he was better than Cleverly even when he was injured.
Wasn't it Phil Jones? Jack and the other Jack (Rodwell) were all so much better than Jones, that they didn't even have to play.

No fan of Cleverly but I actually think he is better than Wilshire, who since coming back hasn't done much aside from being two seconds too late with every challenge.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ron Atkinson back on 5 Live. A dark day for football.

You look at the reception Suarez and Terry get for "I kicked you because you're black" and "****ing black ****" and wonder how Atkinson's "****ing lazy n*****" would have gone down today.

Also as footbal pundits go he's on a whole other level of dire.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always thought he was value from a footballing perspective actually. Highly surprised to see him back though.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or has Silva been told to seriously bulk up/get on the pies? Was like a whippet when he first came over.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Hart really is ****. You could put literally any other keeper in the league in City's net and the 1st and 3rd goals would not have happened.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is it just me or has Silva been told to seriously bulk up/get on the pies? Was like a whippet when he first came over.
Kun seems to have added some muscle mass as well.

Though Kolo could do with hitting the diet pills again, fat with no mobility.

On the game, that's more like it. More goals in that game than the last 6 Premier League games BTV have put on.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hart really is ****. You could put literally any other keeper in the league in City's net and the 1st and 3rd goals would not have happened.
The 1st would have probably gone in, just looks bad as Hart watched a super slow-mo shot roll in but no top GK should be beaten on the 3rd.

Ruddy for England.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah. Keepers might save them sometimes but I wouldn't even say they're mistakes. First he's caught out but it's a great reverse from Rooney and I think his positioning's fine. Second is deflected through a crowd of players at pace and in off the bottom of the post. This 'keeper's side' bollocks is bollocks, there's no way keepers can just leave one side for the wall to defend. It's as if he's supposed to just stand on his side for free kicks going to the other corner just in case Nasri does the can-can and deflects it to the opposite corner.

Not really having the Hart backlash, to be honest. He's not ****ing Superman but he's the best keeper in the league and it's not close.

Last edited: