Page 74 of 343 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Given how much abuse the refs take from the players, my first instinct is to side with Clattenberg. It's like one or two of the brats in my workplace who spend their lives giving their teachers absolute hell and then whine like crazy when said teacher gives them anything less than complete 'respect'. That being said, if it was racial then he'll need to go. Obviously.
    Have to say I do have some sympathy with him for the Torres sending off too; on replay there looked to be some contact, but the Spaniard did go for the full-on dying swan act so, frankly, he was asking for trouble.

But yeah, anything racial is a massive no-no, obvz. End of his career I'd guess.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Have to say I do have some sympathy with him for the Torres sending off too; on replay there looked to be some contact, but the Spaniard did go for the full-on dying swan act so, frankly, he was asking for trouble.
    And you know when you get a silly booking that you're only one small refereeing error away from seeing red. Valencia was harshly booked for diving too, but it's already been forgotten because he hadn't fly-kicked anyone already that day. It was Torres's own stupidity that turned a minor bad decision into a game-decider.

Not that it excuses Clattenburg's prank-refereeing but I definitely have no sympathy for Torres. Only laughter.

But yeah, anything racial is a massive no-no, obvz. End of his career I'd guess.
    If it is racial then yeah, that'll be it. I'd be surprised if it was though, it would be really bizarre for him to start throwing n-words around in the current context given that he's mic'd up to three other officials.

If it's for swearing I would have to agree with wpdavid. With the abuse we (inexplicably) let referees take from footballers every week you'd need to be a special kind of **** to cry to the FA when one of them cracks and tells them where to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    If it's for swearing I would have to agree with wpdavid. With the abuse we (inexplicably) let referees take from footballers every week you'd need to be a special kind of **** to cry to the FA when one of them cracks and tells them where to go.
    What do the rules say about this nowadays? I always thought that referees were entitled to wave a card at them for dissent / downright abuse but just don't have the balls to do it. Is that still the case?

cpr
    Apparently the inappropriate remark Clattenburg made was to refer to Torres as a 'Striker'
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Whatever it was, the coppers are now investigating following an official complaint.

That'll doubtless hold the FA's own processes up for a year or so. &, following the Captain Racist precedent, one assumes Clattenburg will still be able to officiate whilst under investigation...

Have actually heard one or two rumours knocking about this is a bit of tit-for-tat by the Chavs, as they still have a monk on about the way Terry was treated. Only rumours, like I said, but does make you wonder.
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 30-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.

The allegations being made, according to the Daily Telegraph, was that he refered to Mikel as a monkey and Matta as a Spanish t**t.

Ha, I wonder if he'll deploy the "Harbhajan" defence. For monkey/maaki read monkey/Mikel.

Clattenburg's a Geordie (well, plastic Geordie) I believe; not a region known for the clarity of its diction.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    3-0 up against the Arse after 20 minutes!!!! - I must have been on the magic mushrooms

Eds
    Arsenal playing the kids? Getting absolutely destroyed by Reading, aws, by all accounts - 3-0 after 20 minutes.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    .... and then it was 4-0 - getting ridiculous now - wish I'd taken the trouble to go along

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    .... and then it was 4-0 - getting ridiculous now - wish I'd taken the trouble to go along
    Back to 4-2, might be an almighty comeback on the cards.

Incredible, don't think it was over the line, but should have been a pen for hand-ball, and went in after, bit of drama.

That sub was stupid by Reading, just sticks time at the end.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Incredible, don't think it was over the line, but should have been a pen for hand-ball, and went in after, bit of drama.
    Yeah it was funny when the new replay angle showed that it probably didn't cross the line in the middle of the commentator absolutely tearing into the linesman for not giving it.

Hmm a 4-0 comeback and Chamakh scoring. Must be some astronomical odds on that.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

7-5. **** me. Surreal game.

Thread Information