• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I ****ing hate the MK Dongs

Never even liked Wimbledon but rooting hard (:naughty:) for them here

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see the MKD manager telling his staff to tone down the celebrations at the final whistle. And to see the Wimbledon manager doing all the right things after the game as well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see the MKD manager telling his staff to tone down the celebrations at the final whistle. And to see the Wimbledon manager doing all the right things after the game as well.
To be honest I think the way MK Dons have conducted themselves in the last fortnight has been brilliant. They have accepted they are the bad guys in the eyes of the masses and taken all the flak on the chin without stirring the pot more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sadly, MK Dons are a very good side, arguably the second best in the Cup at this stage (:ph34r:) and play good football. I don't like Robinson, but yes he deserved to be commended for his actions at the end there.

Good tie, Wimbledon were always up against it as there is a lot more between the sides than was shown today.

Hopefully next time they play, they will be on level footing and Wimbledon will smash them. ****s.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bury or Southend end away as reward if we win our replay then, what a treat.

Fairly uninspring draw all round.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bury or Southend end away as reward if we win our replay then, what a treat.

Fairly uninspring draw all round.
Derby away for us. Worst draw you can get as a League one side IMO, away to a side a division above so you get the likely exit without the payday a Prem side will bring.

That being said, we'll stuff em. Our year, this one.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
De Gea's not even a decent second choice for a League One side, let's be honest. Might be worth picking if he's playing against a team of midgets who refuse to ever cross the ball i.e. Barcelona. Otherwise he's absolute balls.
:huh:

Don't know how to respond to that. He's hardly brilliant but he's also clearly reasonably decent. No idea where that post has come from.

What gets me most with Lindegaard is that he's actually worse at dealing with crosses and general communication in the box than De Gea is, which is DDG's supposed weakness. And De Gea is the far superior shot-stopper.

Uppercut

Lindegaard's fairly poor at dealing with crosses but when I watch De Gea I sometimes can't believe a professional goalkeeper can be so bad at it. Remember the goal against Fulham?

With Lindegaard you might get a handful more "he arguably could have done better with that one" goals conceded but with De Gea you regularly get proper "oh my god how on earth did he manage to give them a goal out of that" moments. His shot-stopping isn't as great as people sometimes like to make out either, and his distribution is surprisingly rubbish (although Lindegaard's is too).

I'd play De Gea against most teams in the CL and teams like Arsenal or Swansea but I think Fergie's got it right in picking Lindegaard against West Ham and Reading.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He was just officiating his son's game. :( My dad does that all the time.
Yeah, it really got to me, actually. The arbitrary injustice of it.

Chap gives up his free time out of good will (presumably) free of charge and this happens. Just seems so wrong.

Uppercut

Yeah, it really got to me, actually. The arbitrary injustice of it.

Chap gives up his free time out of good will (presumably) free of charge and this happens. Just seems so wrong.
Yeah, same. Maybe because my Dad referees hurling games. And because the game's had a massive problem with grassroots officials taking abuse since forever and nothing was ever done about it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope we get the three points because that's the last penalty Santi will get in England.