Cricket Player Manager
Page 68 of 343 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

You've gotta laugh...
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Coach
    We might as well just start every match 1-0 down after 10 and do away with the ritual of the opening few minutes.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Interesting stuff so far.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Happens every other game of football - a great chance or goal eliminated by a bad offside decision.
    And again. Has to be one of the most important yet unenforcable rules in sport.

C'mon Barca, put money on both Barca and Manure when they were losing, over 3-1, had to be done.

BBC Sport - Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

Personally I think having a black society of anything is essentially racist. Where do they draw the line? I mean Rio isn't exactly black anyway. Perhaps Herbert is going to comment on the 'disgrace' of all those jocks managing in the Premier League - or is it because they're the best people for the job and there's no ****ing tin foil hat conspiracy against English managers? Go peddle your **** somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Reckon United could save some time and effort by starting every match with 15 minutes gone and 1-0 down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    We might as well just start every match 1-0 down after 10 and do away with the ritual of the opening few minutes.
    You could have just quoted me from last weekend.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    **** we were great tonight. Probably the best I've seen this season, at home.

And we ****ing lost. Flabbergasted.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    BBC Sport - Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

Personally I think having a black society of anything is essentially racist. Where do they draw the line? I mean Rio isn't exactly black anyway. Perhaps Herbert is going to comment on the 'disgrace' of all those jocks managing in the Premier League - or is it because they're the best people for the job and there's no ****ing tin foil hat conspiracy against English managers? Go peddle your **** somewhere else.
    His brother was plenty black enough for Terry, tbf. It's probably a sad reflection of where we are in 2012, but mixed race/dual heritage people are effectively treated as being black.

&, in my mind, there's no doubt that ethnic minority players do face problems that are peculiar to them. I'm sure the PFA does a lot of good work, but it respresents all professional footballers, including those who some might argue are part of the problem, like Captain Racist and Luis "****ing" Suarez.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    True but I do find the theory about black managers being subject to racism pretty unconvincing. Amongst other things, when discrimination is present, clubs that don't discriminate tend to do disproportionately well. If premiership clubs aren't appointing excellent managers because they're black, then you'd expect the football league clubs that pick up those managers to excel. And that isn't really happening at all.

It could be that racist attitudes prevent black people from commanding the necessary respect to be a successful manager. But if that's the case you can't really expect chairmen to appoint them anyway as a matter of principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    His brother was plenty black enough for Terry, tbf. It's probably a sad reflection of where we are in 2012, but mixed race/dual heritage people are effectively treated as being black.

&, in my mind, there's no doubt that ethnic minority players do face problems that are peculiar to them. I'm sure the PFA does a lot of good work, but it respresents all professional footballers, including those who some might argue are part of the problem, like Captain Racist and Luis "****ing" Suarez.
    You can differentiate on nationality, as in having an Argentine player association, a French player association or whatever. That's reasonable. A black one is not. It's ridiculous for the sorts of reasons I already mentioned.

There are groups that are supposed to cover the discrimination. If they're not doing a good enough job then you do something about those groups, you don't set up a black players' association in retaliation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Meh. Group, association; both amount to the same thing.

I don't see any problem with it myself. Lots of spheres have such narrow interest groups to cater for their members' specific issues. Some Trades Unions have groups to represent their ethnic minority or LGBT members' interests, for instance.

I think one thing the Terry case in particular has shown is that we haven't got our own house in order WRT race just yet. **** as he obviously is; he's an English **** so we can't blame his racial abuse on different cultural mores.

Thread Information