Cricket Player Manager
Page 66 of 343 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

  1. #976
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    It's up there with Alan Hansen's prediction for the Euro 2012 semi finalists:

    I'm missing something here. Didn't he correctly predict 3 of the 4? Whereas the other article was ludicrously misinformed?

  2. #977
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,734
    Germany, Netherlands and Portugal were all in the same group.

  3. #978
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    12,053
    Well we won thanks to our Olympians brother having a blinder. Always good to beat the gypos. Just get a forward please GT.

  4. #979
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Germany, Netherlands and Portugal were all in the same group.
    Now I'm with you - ta very much.


  5. #980
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,406
    Captain Racist: "Sorry, I'm a racist".

    Couldn't make it up, honestly.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  6. #981
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,406
    Jason Roberts has said he won't wear a "Kick It Out" tee-shirt because he feels the organisation isn't currently fit for purpose and now Sir Alex has waded in, questioning what point he's trying to make.

    Aside from the fact that Roberts has baldly stated his point of contention: "I think people feel let down by what used to be called 'Let's Kick Racism Out of Football'. People don't feel like they have been strong enough", who could possibly understand the problems facing young ethnic minority players better than a white septuagenarain unionist from Govan?

  7. #982
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,896
    I presume he's had a private word with his own player who's not wearing one then?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  8. #983
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,862
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Jason Roberts has said he won't wear a "Kick It Out" tee-shirt because he feels the organisation isn't currently fit for purpose and now Sir Alex has waded in, questioning what point he's trying to make.

    Aside from the fact that Roberts has baldly stated his point of contention: "I think people feel let down by what used to be called 'Let's Kick Racism Out of Football'. People don't feel like they have been strong enough", who could possibly understand the problems facing young ethnic minority players better than a white septuagenarain unionist from Govan?
    I'm guessing someone asked him what he thought about it and he gave his opinion. And somehow that now counts as news.

    But in any case it's probably good publicity for the program more than anything else.

    "I can understand his frustrations and his anger," said Ouseley. "There are a lot of black players who are pretty fed up that [the Terry case] wasn't sorted out a year ago and quite frankly they need to get answers as to why.

    "If Jason Roberts thinks Kick It Out could have sorted it out, let me tell you, if we had the power we would have sorted it out but we haven't got that sort of power."
    Doesn't sound to me like he's too bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  9. #984
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I'm guessing someone asked him what he thought about it and he gave his opinion. And somehow that now counts as news.

    But in any case it's probably good publicity for the program more than anything else.
    Well that's usually how it works, I imagine.

    He's been around for too long not to know the drill by now tho. Could've easily dead batted the Q.

  10. #985
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,837
    **** me did anyone see that Leed's scum, hope he enjoys prison meals, what a ****.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  11. #986
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,876
    I wonder if this is the week where football finally disappears into its own rectum?

    If London Welsh were at home tomorrow I'd be going to watch that.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  12. #987
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,469
    Not a chance when today sees the return of Scotland's original and best Glasgow derby.
    ​63*

  13. #988
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,406
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    **** me did anyone see that Leed's scum, hope he enjoys prison meals, what a ****.
    Saw Colin on SSN this morning. Piece of **** actually said Kirkland went down like a sack of potatoes. What's he trying to suggest? That the custodian was trying to milk the assault?

    Seriously tho: Bates + Colin + Diouff + feral Leedsscum. The **** quotient must be approaching crictical mass, surely?

  14. #989
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Saw Colin on SSN this morning. Piece of **** actually said Kirkland went down like a sack of potatoes. What's he trying to suggest? That the custodian was trying to milk the assault?

    Seriously tho: Bates + Colin + Diouff + feral Leedsscum. The **** quotient must be approaching crictical mass, surely?
    Yeah, I read that from Warnock too. Complete disgrace. One only hopes that Kirkland can find a solicitor good enough to take Warnock to the cleaners over that little effort. Apparently the chanting from the Leeds fans was appalling throughout but the dimwits who play for them still saw fit to go and applaud the evil scum at the end of the game.

  15. #990
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,837
    Gotta say Hazard and Mata are pretty damn sexy for Chelski.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 406
    Last Post: 25-05-2011, 02:27 AM
  2. zimbabwe domestic season
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-08-2010, 04:43 PM
  3. *Official* English Football Season 2008-2009
    By grecian in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 7954
    Last Post: 14-06-2009, 08:51 AM
  4. Records
    By Dizzy #4 in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 21-09-2007, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •