• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Shawcross clearly at fault for the second.
Hart overwhelmingly guilty for the third, and partially responsible for the fourth.

Not sure I've ever seen a 35-yard bicycle kick before...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can add Zlatan to another player better than Zaha.

20 year old still playing in the Championship and Roy is falling over himself to get him into the side. Tells you everything about the national team.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Can add Zlatan to another player better than Zaha.

20 year old still playing in the Championship and Roy is falling over himself to get him into the side. Tells you everything about the national team.

I couldn't really see the point in bringing him on for the last 5 minutes, beyond maybe persuading him to throw his lot in with us when the choice has to be made. Whether he's worse than other wide players who've turned out for us recently is debateable.

As for the national team, yes I think we've known that for a while now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if English people will actually rate him now. Magnificent player.
What he said last night:

"That's the way it is with the English. If you score against them you're a good player, if you don't score against them you're not a good player. I remember Lionel Messi before the 2009 Champions League final for Barcelona... then he scored against Manchester United and suddenly he was the best player in the world. Maybe now they'll say something like that about me."

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is some goal by Zlatan. I can't believe people in England don't rate him, you don't play for the biggest clubs in europe without having massive amounts of ability unless you are Tom Cleverly or Phil Neville.

Good goal by Welbeck too, like the look of him, shame he's hardly going to play for Man U though being 4th in line at present.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What he said last night:

"That's the way it is with the English. If you score against them you're a good player, if you don't score against them you're not a good player. I remember Lionel Messi before the 2009 Champions League final for Barcelona... then he scored against Manchester United and suddenly he was the best player in the world. Maybe now they'll say something like that about me."
csb.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's just a **** Andy Carroll, as the English wags were signing last night.

Nah, great player, obvz. The technique for the fourth was amazing; even Hart's piss weak effort at clearing doesn't detract.

No doubting he has underperformed agianst English oppo until recently tho. Until he bagged a brace (IIRC) in the CL versus The Arse he'd scored like one in a dozen versus us and we're a parochial lot.

Can't ever recall anyone scoring four past us before either.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
He's just a **** Andy Carroll, as the English wags were signing last night.

Nah, great player, obvz. The technique for the fourth was amazing; even Hart's piss weak effort at clearing doesn't detract.

No doubting he has underperformed agianst English oppo until recently tho. Until he bagged a brace (IIRC) in the CL versus The Arse he'd scored like one in a dozen versus us and we're a parochial lot.

Can't ever recall anyone scoring four past us before either.
I'm pretty sure no one ever has - that was the first time as far as I know.