IIRC word on the street at the time was that the CPS had made a bit of a hash of the trial.
"If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.
Rodgers in a rich vein of form tonight on Being: Liverpool
"You won't always be your best but as long as you can give your best"
"Good enough isn't good enough"
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
- Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence
As for Cole, well Baines isn't exactly a crap alternative so if he goes so be it.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
The case was about words Captain Racist and Twatley accepted he said, after several revisions of their story. So most of the fluff he says surrounding it is completely irrelevant. The court case was clearly ****ed up, Captain Racist got off because of that, not because he was innocent.
These points I vehemently disagree with.10. All this, and I am aware that many had made their mind up about JT whatever the evidence, comes down to one essential point - if you make a racially based insult does that automatically make you racist, irrespective of the fact that it is made after what the FA stated was 'extreme provocation by the wholly inappropriate behaviour of Mr. Ferdinand?'
11. I believe it is, though it is still not acceptable.
12. As with Luiz Suarez, I do not believe JT is a racist. If you look at the proper definition of that word no player, especially a captain or leader of the line, could play for years within a multi-cultural environment as exists at most EPL clubs. In both cases scores of statements from players and managers of all creeds and colour stated that neither player was racist.
Firstly I believe these so-called 'racist insults' are so MASSIVELY overplayed it is beyond belief. A lot of the time the context makes it obvious that someone is just using whatever things comes to mind to identify a person. Whether they be black, white, green, ginger, bespectacled, bald, big-nosed or whatever. An awful lot of throw away remarks that people come out with fit into that category. It is also entirely wrong that a racial element in those circumstances means a slap on the wrist becomes a persecution for the rest of their life. This is where I'd differentiate between Terry's case and Suarez. If you repeat the term over and over then it goes beyond the throw-away remark/outburst. Of course Terry is almost certainly still a racist anyway but that's not the point here.
12. Is such a steaming pile of crap it's beyond belief. Glossing over the oxymoronic term multi-cultural which is bull**** speak, people aren't that stupid that they make it obvious that they're a racist. Lots of people, if not most people in the real world have layers of societally acceptable behaviour before you get to the morally bankrupt character underneath. Suarez and Terry are no different. Everyone knows they're both absolute scumbags. They're both almost certainly racist.
National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
Countdown Series 57 Champion
King of the Arcade
Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:
MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk
What's that repetitive grinding noise, oh yeah It's Greenwood, Lyall and Moore spinning in their graves.
West Ham = hoof
Sam will be after you, they don't play Hoof as he says so.
Because the t20 final was dire turned over to the football match, not a bad move.
Don't know what the **** Fergie was thinking recalling De Gea for this game. His Lindegaard in Prem/De Gea in CL was working fine, why bring him back away to one of the most direct+physical teams around?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)