Cricket Player Manager
Page 62 of 343 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

  1. #916
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,506
    United fans bemoaning the luck of other clubs is pretty funny.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  2. #917
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Trapped
    Posts
    12,442
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Indeed it is, 8th goal this season, and I'm on him at 100-1 top-scorer in the division.
    Always was a good goalscorer, as long as he get's some service, which clearly your lot are providing

  3. #918
    Eds
    Eds is offline
    International Debutant Eds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,178
    Uppercut would love the foul on Downing by the Udinese defender. Will find a gif if I can.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

  4. #919
    Eds
    Eds is offline
    International Debutant Eds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,178


  5. #920
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    23,013
    Solidly professional foul.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  6. #921
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,833
    There's some irritating stories that won't die in sport recently, Cashleys tweet:

    Ashley Cole ‏@TheRealAC3
    Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOF*****
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  7. #922
    Seems a pretty reasonable assessment of himself and Captain Racist.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  8. #923
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    12,034
    Cole maybe doesn't want to get to 100 caps then.

  9. #924
    England have been in desperate need of a clear out for a good 2 years at least. If the managers are too soft then it's good that the 'golden' shower generation are committing seppuku.

  10. #925
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    England have been in desperate need of a clear out for a good 2 years at least. If the managers are too soft then it's good that the 'golden' shower generation are committing seppuku.
    Yep, agree with you totally on this. Cole wouldn't have been first on my list to get rid of, but he's another to go. The Tweet just reaffirms his lack of judgement and massive ego. If we can get rid of two of 'em, perhaps three with Rio, then good. You have a feeling Hodgson would just stick Terry and Cole in his squad forever.

    God bless Twitter, now for Frank Lampard to publically back Jimmy Saville on there, and Gerrard to call Bobby Moore an over-rated ****, and we're sorted.

  11. #926
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    Uppercut would love the foul on Downing by the Udinese defender. Will find a gif if I can.
    WAG. Love a good cheat.

    But they do really need to bring in harsher punishments for that kind of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  12. #927
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,860
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    United fans bemoaning the luck of other clubs is pretty funny.
    I liked it better when we had a monopoly on thoroughly undeserved results.

  13. #928
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,402
    Should've stuck to inserting mobile devices into rectal orifices, IMHO.

    Allegedly, etc.

    Renowned wuckfit as he is, I'd love to know the thought process that went on there.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  14. #929
    Yea he's basically just drawn attention to the fact that he's an arse and a liar. Now the news stories are reporting on the bull****ting and email exchanges so he could align his lies with the lies Captain Racist told.

    And I'm utterly baffled how Captain Racist got off on the legal charge if there was all this evidence of changing stories, videos of the expressions etc. It was a far fetched crock of ****e to start off with, you may as well not bother convicting anyone if you say there was enough to doubt to let the piece of excrement get a not guilty verdict with all the other corroborating evidence.

  15. #930
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yea he's basically just drawn attention to the fact that he's an arse and a liar. Now the news stories are reporting on the bull****ting and email exchanges so he could align his lies with the lies Captain Racist told.

    And I'm utterly baffled how Captain Racist got off on the legal charge if there was all this evidence of changing stories, videos of the expressions etc. It was a far fetched crock of ****e to start off with, you may as well not bother convicting anyone if you say there was enough to doubt to let the piece of excrement get a not guilty verdict with all the other corroborating evidence.
    Indeed so. Absolutely stinks to high heaven. After the incident occurred but before the clip appeared on YouTube Terry's "people" were busy briefing all their pet hacks that he'd called Rio jr an " effing blind ****". The story was only altered to his improbable questioning of Ferdinand when the damning video was released into the public domain.

    I'm no legal expert, but I strongly suspect this is one of those instances where doubt (which always exists outside of confessions, however infintesimally small) has been conflated with reasonable doubt.
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 05-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 406
    Last Post: 25-05-2011, 02:27 AM
  2. zimbabwe domestic season
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-08-2010, 04:43 PM
  3. *Official* English Football Season 2008-2009
    By grecian in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 7954
    Last Post: 14-06-2009, 08:51 AM
  4. Records
    By Dizzy #4 in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 21-09-2007, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •