• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say they're a bit more than decent. Their interplay and creativity means they can make goals in all almost any attack. Even though they may not have a lot of width at times they still manage to find space in dangerous areas. It's surprising how well they've gelled. I thought both Oscar and Hazard would take time to settle. Oscar is still not as good as he could be IMO but Hazard has been fantastic. It's made Mata's job much easier too.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it's a good job that most of the rest of the side is fairly ****.

If they buy Falcao I might cry.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was reading elsewhere that - in Mata, Hazard & Oscar - Chelsea apparently have "three number 10's". Whilst I sort of understand where this is coming from, I do think that the English press' current obsession with 'number 10s' says rather a lot about our approach to midfielders, and why we're massively left behind by the likes of Spain, Germany and Italy. Surely having more than one creative midfielder should be the norm rather than the exception imo. Certainly having more than one with a skill-set light years ahead of Gareth Barry, anyway.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the whole "too similar" criticism never really made any sense, quick, technical players complement each other's skills rather than detracting from them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't believe Carragher never saw Kenny. I'm only like a couple of years older than him and I remember the great man very clearly.

Uppercut

Rooney's statistically in the bottom five penalty takers of the Premiership era. Can't believe we keep letting him take them, must be an English hype-machine thing.

Scaly piscine

Because he's generally too ****e to do anything in open play, other than give the ball away most of the time. I'd love it if England found a manager who didn't automatically play the spud-headed numpty.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I have nfi about football but the cricket was so far away:

300 rupees on Chelsea against Swansea at 1.8
100 rupees on Everton against Fulham at 2.6
100 rupees on West Ham to draw against Manchester City at 4.0

Now slightly regretting it. Do you guys think I'm likely to break even? :laugh:

Uppercut

I have nfi about football but the cricket was so far away:

300 rupees on Chelsea against Swansea at 1.8
100 rupees on Everton against Fulham at 2.6
100 rupees on West Ham to draw against Manchester City at 4.0

Now slightly regretting it. Do you guys think I'm likely to break even? :laugh:
Wouldn't have backed Everton, Fulham almost never lose at home. Chelsea looks alright, they're missing Mata but Swansea's defence is really poor. West Ham bet looks good.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Only bet on Everton because I have memories of Arteta being a ***y beast about five years ago. I do realize he plays for Arsenal now thanks to the FIFA games but at least I remembered the team as a vaguely competent team. Cheers.

duffer

That was thoroughly **** from us. Expected though, we only go for second tier players so should expect to lose to teams that go for top tier ones.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Chelsea up, Everton up at 80 - Beautiful.

Now I need a late goal from Tottenham to seize my fringe bet. :cool:

I like this game

(Cue late goals from Swansea and Fulham)