• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

VCC44

School Boy/Girl Captain
The allegations being made, according to the Daily Telegraph, was that he refered to Mikel as a monkey and Matta as a Spanish t**t.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, I wonder if he'll deploy the "Harbhajan" defence. For monkey/maaki read monkey/Mikel.

Clattenburg's a Geordie (well, plastic Geordie) I believe; not a region known for the clarity of its diction.

Eds

International Debutant
Arsenal playing the kids? Getting absolutely destroyed by Reading, aws, by all accounts - 3-0 after 20 minutes.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incredible, don't think it was over the line, but should have been a pen for hand-ball, and went in after, bit of drama.

That sub was stupid by Reading, just sticks time at the end.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incredible, don't think it was over the line, but should have been a pen for hand-ball, and went in after, bit of drama.
Yeah it was funny when the new replay angle showed that it probably didn't cross the line in the middle of the commentator absolutely tearing into the linesman for not giving it.

cpr

International Coach
Did a few hour shift in the pub, finished at HT, decided not to stay as I just knew there'd be no more goals in it.....

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm definitely becoming more of a curmudgeon in my old age - been plenty of talk this evening about feeling sorry for Reading. Personally I can't bring myself to feel any sympathy whatsoever for a team who go 4-0 up and lose. At home.

I will feel sorry for the fans though - Fertang must be on suicide watch about now.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
LOL Arsenal. Just finished watching the highlights, crazy.

What do the rules say about this nowadays? I always thought that referees were entitled to wave a card at them for dissent / downright abuse but just don't have the balls to do it. Is that still the case?
I've played a game when a player has been booked just for swearing after losing the ball. It's ridiculous the kinda language you see players using to the referees sometimes.

duffer

Never seen a game like it. Amazing stuff, although our backup defence aren't much to be pleased about. One of those games where you know why you love and hate this Arsenal team.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Chelsea's extra class on the pitch telling in the end. A shame, particularly as we've gifted it to them with a couple of shocking defensive errors from one of our youngsters. Still, has been a hell of an effort by United's 2nd/3rd string against a Chelsea side not far from their strongest available.

Last edited:

Pothas

Yeah 5-4, poor effort.

That pass for the Chelsea bloody magnificent though, and Oscar is going to be ridiculously good.

Cahill and Luiz still look fairly useless though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, that Mata-Oscar-Hazard trio is hella ***y. Wasn't sure they'd all work together but fair to say they're doing a decent job so far.