• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jason Roberts has said he won't wear a "Kick It Out" tee-shirt because he feels the organisation isn't currently fit for purpose and now Sir Alex has waded in, questioning what point he's trying to make.

Aside from the fact that Roberts has baldly stated his point of contention: "I think people feel let down by what used to be called 'Let's Kick Racism Out of Football'. People don't feel like they have been strong enough", who could possibly understand the problems facing young ethnic minority players better than a white septuagenarain unionist from Govan?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jason Roberts has said he won't wear a "Kick It Out" tee-shirt because he feels the organisation isn't currently fit for purpose and now Sir Alex has waded in, questioning what point he's trying to make.

Aside from the fact that Roberts has baldly stated his point of contention: "I think people feel let down by what used to be called 'Let's Kick Racism Out of Football'. People don't feel like they have been strong enough", who could possibly understand the problems facing young ethnic minority players better than a white septuagenarain unionist from Govan?
I'm guessing someone asked him what he thought about it and he gave his opinion. And somehow that now counts as news.

But in any case it's probably good publicity for the program more than anything else.

"I can understand his frustrations and his anger," said Ouseley. "There are a lot of black players who are pretty fed up that [the Terry case] wasn't sorted out a year ago and quite frankly they need to get answers as to why.

"If Jason Roberts thinks Kick It Out could have sorted it out, let me tell you, if we had the power we would have sorted it out but we haven't got that sort of power."
Doesn't sound to me like he's too bothered.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm guessing someone asked him what he thought about it and he gave his opinion. And somehow that now counts as news.

But in any case it's probably good publicity for the program more than anything else.
Well that's usually how it works, I imagine.

He's been around for too long not to know the drill by now tho. Could've easily dead batted the Q.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wonder if this is the week where football finally disappears into its own rectum?

If London Welsh were at home tomorrow I'd be going to watch that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me did anyone see that Leed's scum, hope he enjoys prison meals, what a ****.
Saw Colin on SSN this morning. Piece of **** actually said Kirkland went down like a sack of potatoes. What's he trying to suggest? That the custodian was trying to milk the assault?

Seriously tho: Bates + Colin + Diouff + feral Leedsscum. The **** quotient must be approaching crictical mass, surely?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Saw Colin on SSN this morning. Piece of **** actually said Kirkland went down like a sack of potatoes. What's he trying to suggest? That the custodian was trying to milk the assault?

Seriously tho: Bates + Colin + Diouff + feral Leedsscum. The **** quotient must be approaching crictical mass, surely?
Yeah, I read that from Warnock too. Complete disgrace. One only hopes that Kirkland can find a solicitor good enough to take Warnock to the cleaners over that little effort. Apparently the chanting from the Leeds fans was appalling throughout but the dimwits who play for them still saw fit to go and applaud the evil scum at the end of the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta say Hazard and Mata are pretty damn ***y for Chelski.
Mata made Walker look a total hack there.

We better hope Jenkinson continues to develop if Walker's England's first drop right-back.

AV-B looks like he's about to blub too. I soooo :wub: moments like this.

Uppercut

****s sake, why the ****ing **** is De Gea in nets against Stoke. Stay off the ****ing whiskey, Fergie.

Uppercut

I'd backed West Brom at 4/1, furious at the state of their finishing in the last few minutes before Citeh's second. Can't believe someone's still giving Ben Foster a job too.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon United could save some time and effort by starting every match with 15 minutes gone and 1-0 down. Getting beyond a joke - not looking forward to taking our current defence to Chelsea next week.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf to whiskey breath, he has said he will deal with Ferdinand and that he has let the club down.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tbf to whiskey breath, he has said he will deal with Ferdinand and that he has let the club down.
In hindsight it does make me wonder if having a public pop at Roberts was his way of firing a warning shot across Rio's boughs. If marc had wind of it Ferguson must've known too.