• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think things are looking pretty decent - back four looks like it's got buckets of experience - just what's needed at League Two - and hopefully Gow can continue his scoring form from the tail end of last season. I'd still like another striker, but we look a very good shout for a playoff bid at worst.

Now watch Guernsey do us 3-0 tonight.
Yeah agree with that, Ross Allen maybe the guy, wouldn't mind a Barry Corr type, not him though coz he's a ****.

Looks like we may have an alright squad, and TBH, I'm not too distraught that a lot of the big-time-charlies have left.

Hope Nichols, Bennett and Frear can come through, and have big seasons.

Still haven't received my season ticket though:@

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah agree with that, Ross Allen maybe the guy, wouldn't mind a Barry Corr type, not him though coz he's a ****.

Looks like we may have an alright squad, and TBH, I'm not too distraught that a lot of the big-time-charlies have left.

Hope Nichols, Bennett and Frear can come through, and have big seasons.

Still haven't received my season ticket though:@
Well Allen has three tonight so I certainly wouldn't say no... could he be the next Charlie Austin?

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to continue kit sponsorship following two years' worth of David Noble away shirts.

grecian

Well Allen has three tonight so I certainly wouldn't say no... could he be the next Charlie Austin?

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to continue kit sponsorship following two years' worth of David Noble away shirts.
You could get them back, there won't be a stain on them,

I was thinking of doing that 31 thingy, fancy owning a player. He'd better be good though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I know I shouldn't get caught up in paper-talk...but Ganso to Arsenal is the latest rumour doing the rounds. Really, really hope it's true.

social

I just read the judgement. Can sort of understand the logic but...is there anyone who actually believes Terry's story??
Only a few Chelsea fans

Be interesting to see what the FA do as the fact that he said the words wasnt in dispute

If it was AFL, the player would be forced to undergo counselling and probably undertake community service

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only a few Chelsea fans

Be interesting to see what the FA do as the fact that he said the words wasnt in dispute

If it was AFL, the player would be forced to undergo counselling and probably undertake community service
Wouldn't be surprised if Ferdinand got on some trouble as well, for the things he has admitted saying.

fredfertang

If the FA is now going to act anyway what the **** was the point in wasting all that taxpayers money on that ridiculous show trial - austerity? what ****ing austerity?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Why is the cost of the trial so great to the taxpayer?

EDIT: like, they talk about quarter of a million pounds and stuff. Does the taxpayer pay for legal fees or something?

Last edited:

fredfertang

Why is the cost of the trial so great to the taxpayer?

EDIT: like, they talk about quarter of a million pounds and stuff. Does the taxpayer pay for legal fees or something?
The Crown Prosection Service is funded by the tax payer so the cost of prosecuting the case comes from the public purse - as Terry won I'm assuming that his costs will largely be recovered from central funds - £250k is more than my guess but if that is what it is then that just makes me angrier, particularly when legal aid is so restricted these days, and I'm expected to spend my working life defending people against allegations that could see them losing their liberty for the sort of remuneration levels that the advocates in the Terry case wouldn't even wipe their fat cat arses for, not that I'm bitter or anything, obviously

fredfertang

...... and I have to say I don't recall that picture being taken, but given that is clearly you stood behind me why didn't you introduce yourself?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Forgive me for saying so Fred, but you didn't look like the most approachable of folk at that particular moment.

You'll also note that the banner I'm holding in the picture is conveniently concealing my Arsenal shirt, it may have been hazardous for my health if I had revealed it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm back in London after the Olympics, I'll look out for you and your floppy hair

fredfertang

Well the geezer who met me at Chancery Lane tube station certainly did
Thank you - vindicated at last

.... and young sledger you didn't invite me to that particular social event either, nor did you Corrin come to that - bastards!