Page 47 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Fact is that if this was a pipeline explosion in Africa or ferry sinking in Bangladesh, hardly anyone would give a ****

I suppose if you rocked up in the 'Offical Congan Pipeline 2012 thread', then yeah, some people would probably give a ****. Hell some might've been brought up around the pipeline, and seen the effect the explosion had on families, and the community in general, right to this very day. And you can tell them its the locals fault, for standing next to a pipelane thats supposidly subject to rigourous safety tests and say they shouldn't have walked past it, as thats what caused everything to fail and kill them all.

Or you could stop being a..... well, I was going to call you a c***, but then I realised even a **** has its uses
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Brentford on the telly again? You have to be kidding me, how much money do they make every year from random matches being on the box
    They were absolutely robbed as well. Goal should never have stood. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    I suppose if you rocked up in the 'Offical Congan Pipeline 2012 thread', then yeah, some people would probably give a ****. Hell some might've been brought up around the pipeline, and seen the effect the explosion had on families, and the community in general, right to this very day. And you can tell them its the locals fault, for standing next to a pipelane thats supposidly subject to rigourous safety tests and say they shouldn't have walked past it, as thats what caused everything to fail and kill them all.

Or you could stop being a..... well, I was going to call you a c***, but then I realised even a **** has its uses
    Or you could realise that there are significant differences between the 2 in that the fans inside Hillsborough were in some way (no matter how small) responsible for what happened

Just because it is an emotional issue and people have suffered injustices over the years doesnt change reality

Disgusting posting social.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Or you could realise that there are significant differences between the 2 in that the fans inside Hillsborough were in some way (no matter how small) responsible for what happened

Just because it is an emotional issue and people have suffered injustices over the years doesnt change reality
    I suppose they were if being guilty of just being there counts.

A desperate argument by you, you must be Kelvin McKenzie's new pr man.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar

Er, the whole point of the Justice campaign is because the police covered up their failings and tried to pin the blame for 96 people going to watch a game of football and not coming home on other fans who were more fortunate. If the fans were to blame then there would have been hundreds of people dying around the country every week at football games.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Not seen the footie thread in such a dire state since Aussie was last around tbh. Actually, this might even be worse. Dear me.

Edit: Actually, no. Conclusively worse.
    Last edited by sledger; 14-09-2012 at 07:12 AM.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Anyway back to weekends football, I wonder if the weeks events will inspire Liverpool to a better performance for the fans and a first win of the season at Sunderland?

QPR v Chelsea this weekend too, should be fun. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Er, the whole point of the Justice campaign is because the police covered up their failings and tried to pin the blame for 96 people going to watch a game of football and not coming home on other fans who were more fortunate. If the fans were to blame then there would have been hundreds of people dying around the country every week at football games.
    The improvement in crowd behaviour at football matches is directly correlated to the removal of terraced areas at all major stadiums that was ordered after Hillsborough and is the major reasons why (hopefully) tragedies such as this dont happen every week
    Last edited by social; 14-09-2012 at 12:25 PM.

So why didn't tragedies like this happen every week prior to Hillsborough?

Could we just take this to another thread, no-one agrees with Social, he knows this and it gives the sad old **** a chubby on, particularly if he's getting a reaction. 3 years inquiry totally exonerated the fans, they made 164 changes in statements to make it look like the fans had played a part, because there were no proof whatsoever despite horrible and intrusive digging that there had been.

Only a seriously unintelligent and unsympathetic kind of utter ****ing boring, borish, ****ish trolling **** would still be making any kind of meal out of it.

It's disrespectful to the dead and the living and Gimp and others are showing great restraint.

I reported it, but clearly mods seem to think it's acceptable, so infract me, but for one thing it's not really to do with this season. Posts should have been removed.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Yes let's move on. I probably should have posted my original post about it in a new thread anyway, in hindsight, but I have no wish to discuss it any further on this forum.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    I guess no matter how foul, disrespectful and blindly ignorant of the facts his posting is, it probably is his genuine opinion, so not much can be done about it. When I think about it that is actually much more horrible than if he was trolling. Shudder. Everyone is doing a good job of not reacting to it so i guess we should just carry on as was.

****ing hell, talk about ridiculous overreactions

If you guys cannot see that the crowd contributed to the tragedy by applying forward pressure after being admitted to an over-crowded terrace then you are devoid of reality

I never said it was intentional

I never said they misbehaved

I only said that there were a number of factors to it and that the crowd was one which the report chooses to ignore

Thread Information