• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's some irritating stories that won't die in sport recently, Cashleys tweet:

Ashley Cole ‏@TheRealAC3
Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOF*****

Scaly piscine

England have been in desperate need of a clear out for a good 2 years at least. If the managers are too soft then it's good that the 'golden' shower generation are committing seppuku.

grecian

England have been in desperate need of a clear out for a good 2 years at least. If the managers are too soft then it's good that the 'golden' shower generation are committing seppuku.
Yep, agree with you totally on this. Cole wouldn't have been first on my list to get rid of, but he's another to go. The Tweet just reaffirms his lack of judgement and massive ego. If we can get rid of two of 'em, perhaps three with Rio, then good. You have a feeling Hodgson would just stick Terry and Cole in his squad forever.

God bless Twitter, now for Frank Lampard to publically back Jimmy Saville on there, and Gerrard to call Bobby Moore an over-rated ****, and we're sorted.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uppercut would love the foul on Downing by the Udinese defender. Will find a gif if I can.
:laugh: WAG. Love a good cheat.

But they do really need to bring in harsher punishments for that kind of stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should've stuck to inserting mobile devices into rectal orifices, IMHO.

Allegedly, etc.

Renowned wuckfit as he is, I'd love to know the thought process that went on there.

Scaly piscine

Yea he's basically just drawn attention to the fact that he's an arse and a liar. Now the news stories are reporting on the bull****ting and email exchanges so he could align his lies with the lies Captain Racist told.

And I'm utterly baffled how Captain Racist got off on the legal charge if there was all this evidence of changing stories, videos of the expressions etc. It was a far fetched crock of ****e to start off with, you may as well not bother convicting anyone if you say there was enough to doubt to let the piece of excrement get a not guilty verdict with all the other corroborating evidence.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yea he's basically just drawn attention to the fact that he's an arse and a liar. Now the news stories are reporting on the bull****ting and email exchanges so he could align his lies with the lies Captain Racist told.

And I'm utterly baffled how Captain Racist got off on the legal charge if there was all this evidence of changing stories, videos of the expressions etc. It was a far fetched crock of ****e to start off with, you may as well not bother convicting anyone if you say there was enough to doubt to let the piece of excrement get a not guilty verdict with all the other corroborating evidence.
Indeed so. Absolutely stinks to high heaven. After the incident occurred but before the clip appeared on YouTube Terry's "people" were busy briefing all their pet hacks that he'd called Rio jr an " effing blind ****". The story was only altered to his improbable questioning of Ferdinand when the damning video was released into the public domain.

I'm no legal expert, but I strongly suspect this is one of those instances where doubt (which always exists outside of confessions, however infintesimally small) has been conflated with reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

Uppercut

IIRC word on the street at the time was that the CPS had made a bit of a hash of the trial.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rodgers in a rich vein of form tonight on Being: Liverpool

"You won't always be your best but as long as you can give your best"

"Good enough isn't good enough"

flibbertyjibber

Yep, agree with you totally on this. Cole wouldn't have been first on my list to get rid of, but he's another to go. The Tweet just reaffirms his lack of judgement and massive ego. If we can get rid of two of 'em, perhaps three with Rio, then good. You have a feeling Hodgson would just stick Terry and Cole in his squad forever.

God bless Twitter, now for Frank Lampard to publically back Jimmy Saville on there, and Gerrard to call Bobby Moore an over-rated ****, and we're sorted.
I have thought since before the Euros that Lampard, Gerrard and Terry had to go as they wouldn't be around/good enough by the time we play the World Cup. I can see why Hodgson is sticking with them as there aren't exactly a mass of young players looking capable of stepping up. Jack Rodwell is hyped up and he was awful for City the other day in the champions league.

As for Cole, well Baines isn't exactly a crap alternative so if he goes so be it.

Scaly piscine

I'll have to move him up a few notches on my idiot list.

The case was about words Captain Racist and Twatley accepted he said, after several revisions of their story. So most of the fluff he says surrounding it is completely irrelevant. The court case was clearly ****ed up, Captain Racist got off because of that, not because he was innocent.

10. All this, and I am aware that many had made their mind up about JT whatever the evidence, comes down to one essential point - if you make a racially based insult does that automatically make you racist, irrespective of the fact that it is made after what the FA stated was 'extreme provocation by the wholly inappropriate behaviour of Mr. Ferdinand?'
11. I believe it is, though it is still not acceptable.
12. As with Luiz Suarez, I do not believe JT is a racist. If you look at the proper definition of that word no player, especially a captain or leader of the line, could play for years within a multi-cultural environment as exists at most EPL clubs. In both cases scores of statements from players and managers of all creeds and colour stated that neither player was racist.
These points I vehemently disagree with.

Firstly I believe these so-called 'racist insults' are so MASSIVELY overplayed it is beyond belief. A lot of the time the context makes it obvious that someone is just using whatever things comes to mind to identify a person. Whether they be black, white, green, ginger, bespectacled, bald, big-nosed or whatever. An awful lot of throw away remarks that people come out with fit into that category. It is also entirely wrong that a racial element in those circumstances means a slap on the wrist becomes a persecution for the rest of their life. This is where I'd differentiate between Terry's case and Suarez. If you repeat the term over and over then it goes beyond the throw-away remark/outburst. Of course Terry is almost certainly still a racist anyway but that's not the point here.

12. Is such a steaming pile of crap it's beyond belief. Glossing over the oxymoronic term multi-cultural which is bull**** speak, people aren't that stupid that they make it obvious that they're a racist. Lots of people, if not most people in the real world have layers of societally acceptable behaviour before you get to the morally bankrupt character underneath. Suarez and Terry are no different. Everyone knows they're both absolute scumbags. They're both almost certainly racist.

grecian

What's that repetitive grinding noise, oh yeah It's Greenwood, Lyall and Moore spinning in their graves.

West Ham = hoof:censored: