• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
For what Liverpool paid for Borini, Liverpool could have kept hold of Maxi, Kuty and Bellamy.

Suso looks decent but like Sterling still rather powder puff.

Wasn't a penalty but Johnson is a complete liability. Was asking for it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The best bit was when Evans fouled Suarez in the box and Halsey told him to get up. Awwww yeah.
Maybe if Suarez wasn't a diving, greeting, rat faced bastard the ref would've had more sympathy.

Arsenal so predictable it's annoying. Called City's opener after 20 minutes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A ****ing self-pitying, disingenuous **** to the end. Showing a keen grasp of irony, he's actually saying the FA has made his position "untenable" by pursuing the racism charge when he's been cleared in a court of law. Being cleared because a case wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt (and very dubiously so in my and others opinon, given he completely changed his story at least once) isn't quite the same as being innocent.

WAC.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Former Manchester City and Norwich manager John Bond, who managed the former in the memorable 1981 FA Cup final against Tottenham, has died aged 79.

Bond took over at Manchester City in 1980 and led them to their Wembley meeting with Spurs. After a 1-1 draw in the final, the Londoners won a thrilling replay 3-2 with Ricky Villa claiming a famous winner.

Bond began his managerial career with Bournemouth and led them to promotion from the old fourth division at the end of his first season in charge.

He went on to manage Norwich, Manchester City, Burnley, Swansea, Birmingham and Shrewsbury. Bond led Norwich to the 1975 League Cup final which they lost 1-0 to Aston Villa.

He spent much of his playing career with West Ham and also played for Torquay.

Norwich will pay tribute to Bond before Wednesday night's Capital One Cup home tie against Doncaster.

Bond remains the second longest-serving manager at Carrow Road and the Canaries said in a statement: "Norwich City Football Club is saddened to learn of the death of former manager John Bond at the age of 79.

"During his tenure he brought players such as World Cup winner Martin Peters to Norwich City, which helped trigger an exciting brand of attacking football at Carrow Road.

"Everybody at Norwich City Football Club would like to send their sincere condolences to John's family and friends.

"There will be an opportunity for Canary fans to remember John at Carrow Road at tonight's match with Doncaster Rovers, where his considerable contribution to Norwich City Football Club will be acknowledged prior to kick-off.

"Both teams will also wear black armbands as a mark of respect."

Manchester City also paid tribute to Bond.

Manchester City club ambassador and former player Mike Summerbee told BBC Radio Manchester: "I knew John from when I was 16 years old. I played for Swindon against him when he was at West Ham. We had some wonderful times off the field.

"He was such a lovely man and it's a very sad day. John was a football man, he knew the game inside out. As a person outside of football, he was a wonderful man.

"You could talk forever about his contribution to the game of football because he was so dedicated to the game and he loved the game so very much."
One of those stories that reminds those of my generation of our own mortality - can't believe he was 79, but then I suppose its a good few years since we heard much from him. His teams always had a bit of flair back in the days when not many did, and he seemed like a decent bloke too - RIP

BoyBrumby

Englishman
4 matches for Terry - interesting given earlier events this year.
It'll be interesting to read the judgement.

Gut instinct is that Terry & the Chavs have just been an awful lot cuter in their handling of things than Suarez and Liverpool were.

social

4 matches for Terry - interesting given earlier events this year.
Victimisation :ph34r:

The guy is such a **** and is like Warne but doesnt bring the talent, performances, brains (and that is saying something) or charisma to the table that our great bogan did

England are better off without him

Last edited:

grecian

JT asking for a detailed report on why the decision was made. Umm, er, I have a feeling the repeated use of the word Black ****, really doesn't need a dossier does it?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JT asking for a detailed report on why the decision was made. Umm, er, I have a feeling the repeated use of the word Black ****, really doesn't need a dossier does it?
Exactly, just because the courts found him not guilty the fact he admitted using those words means an FA charge and guilt was inevitable. Got off lightly over the whole thing overall and the Chelski fans will always fight his corner and say he is being victimised again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Victimisation :ph34r:

The guy is such a **** and is like Warne but doesnt bring the talent, performances, brains (and that is saying something) or charisma to the table that our great bogan did

England are better off without him
So in other words he's nothing like Warne.