Page 41 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Hate Suarez so much. Such a rat.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Diaby is bossing this.
    He is, be great if he could have an injury free season to see how good he actually is.

Poor game but Liverpool pretty unlucky not to get 1 of the 3 good penalty appeals. Borini looks set to be a flop (what does he do?), didn't know Sahin was playing and Gerrard is on last legs. Pepa has been dodgy for going on 2 years now, that shouldn't have gone in.

Eds
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Poor game but Liverpool pretty unlucky not to get 1 of the 3 good penalty appeals. Borini looks set to be a flop (what does he do?), didn't know Sahin was playing and Gerrard is on last legs. Pepa has been dodgy for going on 2 years now, that shouldn't have gone in.
    Pretty much agree with all this. Only real positives are Allen (looks easily our best player right now IMO) and Sterling still looking sharp. Just so sloppy.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hate Suarez so much. Such a rat.
    Really is a low quality human being. Such a cartoon villian he might as well have a Dick Dasterdly-styley tache to twirl. Hacks at Diaby there to give us a relieving free kick for good measure.

Looks as low a quality Liverpool as I can recall, tbh. The Citeh game showed they can still rake over whatever embers of quality they have on occasion, but today's shown there's no consistency.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Rodgers cleared out too much without having replacements lined up or ready mate. Too much making his own stamp without thinking it through, it seems.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Liverpool nothing to worry about. Joe Allen should have stayed with Swansea if he wanted to achieve anything.

Great Arsenal performance though imo. 3 clean sheets in a row too, unheard of.

Eds
    It's all well and good insulting footballers when they do wrong but calling someone "a low quality human being" when every interview I've read about him off-the-field suggests he's a nice guy. Bit classless, for mine. And I imagine I'll get stick for defending him. Sigh.

On a lighter note, Arsenal looked classy today. Such a technically good side all-round the pitch, with the ball at feet. Cazorla really is some player. Defense won't hold against better sides, particularly with the lack of a real holding midfielder, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Rodgers cleared out too much without having replacements lined up or ready mate. Too much making his own stamp without thinking it through, it seems.
    Needs to be doing an awful lot better than this.

Henry basically committed regicide when he gave Dalglish the arse so whatever string The Kop gives Rodgers is going to be pretty short at best.

AVB or Rodgers out first? That's a question...

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Yeh, this. Although, he's got basically nothing to spend, due to Kenny's wastefulness.

What can you say? Some daft mistakes on our end for both goals which could have been stopped. Arsenal midfield was pretty awesome, wonder how Wilshire is gonna get in. If they play like that all season Arsenal are serious title challengers. And their defense was annoyingly solid. I think Suarez had his worst game at Liverpool.
    Last edited by Ikki; 02-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    It's all well and good insulting footballers when they do wrong but calling someone "a low quality human being" when every interview I've read about him off-the-field suggests he's a nice guy. Bit classless, for mine. And I imagine I'll get stick for defending him. Sigh.

On a lighter note, Arsenal looked classy today. Such a technically good side all-round the pitch, with the ball at feet. Cazorla really is some player. Defense won't hold against better sides, particularly with the lack of a real holding midfielder, though.
    Must be a pravda-style press filter up there then. Not like he's a cynical cheating racist who bites people, is it?

Oh, hang on...

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I mean, look at carroll's performance yesterday. Came as no surprise to anyone who has watched him in his last dozen games or so but Rodgers wanted shut and will sure regret it.

I wonder if whoever replaces Rodgers next season will use Carroll. Not sure on the terms of his loan.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Must be a pravda-style press filter up there then. Not like he's a cynical cheating racist who bites people, is it?

Oh, hang on...
    Well, you're right; he did bite someone once. Scum of the Earth.

Liverpool nothing to worry about. Joe Allen should have stayed with Swansea if he wanted to achieve anything.

Thread Information