• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't wait for the new season, my lot have made some good signings heading into a new division and despite having no idea where we will finish I am fairly confident we won't be going back down. Graham Turner's barmy army.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was happy about the new season until I read Exeweb, now I doubt we'll win a match. Oh and my Season ticket hasn't come thru the door yet:@

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No doubt I'll be looking forward to it all once it's time for the season to get underway again etc...But at the moment I'm glad to be rid of it for a while. Seems like there's just never-ending football on the TV these days, nice to get some respite and watch some other sports for a change.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crikey that Rangers thing is getting messier by the day. Players that have left been denied their transfers by SFA. Can't see how really as the club they were playing for is defunct and been restarted so the contracts are surely null and void.

Have to feel for the fans in all this as they still don't know what division they will be in and the manager has no idea what standard of player he needs to go for. Shambles, pure and simple.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Crikey that Rangers thing is getting messier by the day. Players that have left been denied their transfers by SFA. Can't see how really as the club they were playing for is defunct and been restarted so the contracts are surely null and void.

Have to feel for the fans in all this as they still don't know what division they will be in and the manager has no idea what standard of player he needs to go for. Shambles, pure and simple.
The whole handling of this affair from the SFA and the SPL has been a ****ing joke.

The club isn't defunct though. The club has continued, it's the corporate structure behind the club that's now defunct. The players will win their cases, as they have UK law on their side.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Always wonder about the usefulness of character witnesses at all in cases like this to be honest. The charge against Terry wasn't one accusing him of being a racist per se, but whether he not he made a single racist statement. Whether dear old Ashley thinks dear old John is a lovely chap doesn't really make any difference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The money used to fund that trial could have been given to me in a rebate. I'd have probably spent it on booze, thus helping the economy. Ridiculous.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be interested to see the size of Mr Terry's legal bill that Central Funds will have to cough up - £70k would be my guess

............ and have to say it - bloody lucky to get off imo

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I was happy about the new season until I read Exeweb, now I doubt we'll win a match. Oh and my Season ticket hasn't come thru the door yet:@
I think things are looking pretty decent - back four looks like it's got buckets of experience - just what's needed at League Two - and hopefully Gow can continue his scoring form from the tail end of last season. I'd still like another striker, but we look a very good shout for a playoff bid at worst.

Now watch Guernsey do us 3-0 tonight.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd be interested to see the size of Mr Terry's legal bill that Central Funds will have to cough up - £70k would be my guess

............ and have to say it - bloody lucky to get off imo
I just read the judgement. Can sort of understand the logic but...is there anyone who actually believes Terry's story??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, we're his sixth club since leaving Rangers. Hopefully he'll find a way to put down some roots having signed a two-year deal. No doubting his ability, but...