• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could we just take this to another thread, no-one agrees with Social, he knows this and it gives the sad old **** a chubby on, particularly if he's getting a reaction. 3 years inquiry totally exonerated the fans, they made 164 changes in statements to make it look like the fans had played a part, because there were no proof whatsoever despite horrible and intrusive digging that there had been.

Only a seriously unintelligent and unsympathetic kind of utter ****ing boring, borish, ****ish trolling **** would still be making any kind of meal out of it.

It's disrespectful to the dead and the living and Gimp and others are showing great restraint.

I reported it, but clearly mods seem to think it's acceptable, so infract me, but for one thing it's not really to do with this season. Posts should have been removed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes let's move on. I probably should have posted my original post about it in a new thread anyway, in hindsight, but I have no wish to discuss it any further on this forum.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess no matter how foul, disrespectful and blindly ignorant of the facts his posting is, it probably is his genuine opinion, so not much can be done about it. When I think about it that is actually much more horrible than if he was trolling. Shudder. Everyone is doing a good job of not reacting to it so i guess we should just carry on as was.

social

****ing hell, talk about ridiculous overreactions

If you guys cannot see that the crowd contributed to the tragedy by applying forward pressure after being admitted to an over-crowded terrace then you are devoid of reality

I never said it was intentional

I never said they misbehaved

I only said that there were a number of factors to it and that the crowd was one which the report chooses to ignore

Furball

Evil Scotsman
****ing hell, talk about ridiculous overreactions

If you guys cannot see that the crowd contributed to the tragedy by applying forward pressure after being admitted to an over-crowded terrace then you are devoid of reality

I never said it was intentional

I never said they misbehaved

I only said that there were a number of factors to it and that the crowd was one which the report chooses to ignore
It was the police's fault the crowd was there in the first place. The central areas were full to capacity, yet there were no police present to divert fans into the less full areas.

grecian

Okay, trying to get this thread back on thread, I'll talk about the match I went to today.

Umm, it was a point I suppose:unsure:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yer Scousers fail to win again.

A Liverpool supporting chum of mine is clinging onto the fact it took the Swans 6 games to register a victory last year. Which is all well and groovy if matching Swansea's creditable 11th is the limit of Liverpool's ambitions.

If it is then something truly is rotten in the state of Scouseland.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just saw Podders's free kick on MOTD. Magic ping from the big Pole/German.
Was a good hit, no doubt, but was aided greatly by inept goalkeeping imo. Not sure how Kelvin Davies has lasted so long as a professional goalkeeper to be honest, was rubbish when he played for Ipswich nearly 10 years ago, and he's equally poor now. Looks overweight too, would have got across to the freekick today if he wasn't so portly and sluggish.

On an unrelated note, Alan Hansen is such a dick. Happy to say "Arsenal could be capable of something special this year", now that they've won two games, conveniently forgetting that he totally wrote them off after the first game of the season. No doubt he'll be the first to put the boot in as soon as they lose few games as well. WAC.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Desperate for Reading to get a result against Spurs today. Read this morning that AVB apparently has 3 games to save his job, which is pretty funny. Will be interesting to see how he deals with the Lloris/Friedel situation. Seems like he's deploying the same "I don't give a **** who I piss off, I'm doing things my way" approach that got him the chop at Chelsea.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Desperate for Reading to get a result against Spurs today. Read this morning that AVB apparently has 3 games to save his job, which is pretty funny. Will be interesting to see how he deals with the Lloris/Friedel situation. Seems like he's deploying the same "I don't give a **** who I piss off, I'm doing things my way" approach that got him the chop at Chelsea.
Would be tremendously funny. In a strange way I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him tho; I mean one the one hand, yes he is a deluded hack promoted so far beyond his abilities it's untrue, but on the other that isn't his fault. It's his right to apply for managerial vacancies and if the chairman/CEO is daft enough to employ him well then that's their business.

But I just can't see how he keeps getting hired. Before he even got the Porto job he apparently applied for the Burnley manager's seat, according to The Independent. The Clarets' then chief executive basically dismisses him as a BS artist:

Paul Fletcher said:
He sent a very detailed application. His CV and power-point presentation was amazing. Even by today's standards there was some complicated stuff. Tommy Docherty used to say he never said anything to his players that his milkman wouldn't understand. I don't think any milkman would fathom the meaning of a lot of Andre's presentation. Would Burnley players have understood what he wanted if he told them to 'solidificate'?
So if little Burnley could see he was all mouth and no trousers, why can't other clubs?

grecian

Paul Scholes eh, long described as an under-rated player. Can we please put that to bed now, every time he has a good performance, the Iniesta, Xavi, Charlton, Messi quotes are rolled out.

Yes he's good we get it, everybody gets it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I sometimes think he is underrated. He's always tied in with Giggs these days, so when Giggs has another **** game it's "how long can they go on??". And you get United fans moaning about how "our best midfielder is a 38 year old", which is just disingenuous because he'd still be the best midfielder at almost any top club.

grecian

I sometimes think he is underrated. He's always tied in with Giggs these days, so when Giggs has another **** game it's "how long can they go on??". And you get United fans moaning about how "our best midfielder is a 38 year old", which is just disingenuous because he'd still be the best midfielder at almost any top club.
Nah, he's one of the best mids when he plays, you'd still rather have a slightly lesser player who can play 50 games. Just the practicalities of someone that age in t'modern game.