• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought the blame did not lie with the fans mostly, but I I must admit I thought thatthere possibly was a very small minority who may have been somewhat guilty, it seems they've been totally exonerated.

As always, the truth lies somewhere in between

The police got is wrong

Emergency services got it wrong

FA and Sheffield Wednesday got it wrong as they knew the limitation of the ground and system

And some of the fans can be blamed as well as it is simply ludicrous to suggest that some of the tragedies could not have been averted if they had acted in a more orderly fashion. After all, from what I have read, the decision to open extra gates was made due to the dangerous situation OUTSIDE THE GROUND

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder why they bothered commissioning a three-year report pouring over 300,000 documents when they could have just asked social what happened.

social

I wonder why they bothered commissioning a three-year report pouring over 300,000 documents when they could have just asked social what happened.
Well, it's pretty bloody obvious

Unfortunately, some lunatic fringe fans are now going to point the finger at evryone else in exactly the same way as the authorities have one for the last 20 odd years

Whole thing is bs

Uppercut

Sshhh, you're embarrassing yourself. Of all your bizarre refusals to accept reality, this is by far the most tasteless.

grecian

Sshhh, you're embarrassing yourself. Of all your bizarre refusals to accept reality, this is by far the most tasteless.
It's pretty disgusting, not going to get involved, as I'd probably say some stuff I shouldn't.

social

Correct me where I'm wrong

Fact is that if this was a pipeline explosion in Africa or ferry sinking in Bangladesh, hardly anyone would give a ****

cover drive man

International Captain
Correct me where I'm wrong

Fact is that if this was a pipeline explosion in Africa or ferry sinking in Bangladesh, hardly anyone would give a ****
The fact of the matter is that this was a huge cover up in which honest fans were scapegoated and made out to be nothing but scum when actually they were victims of a tragedy. This is no time or place to be a contrarian or for pushing some sort of agenda.

Mckensie-Prick. You only have to listen to him to see what pseudo-populist bull**** he spews to know that when he calls something 'the truth' it probably isn't.

Hopefully this will be the beggining of the end of the endless crap the families have had to face for over two decades.

Last edited:

grecian

Brentford on the telly again? You have to be kidding me, how much money do they make every year from random matches being on the box:wacko:

cpr

International Coach

I suppose if you rocked up in the 'Offical Congan Pipeline 2012 thread', then yeah, some people would probably give a ****. Hell some might've been brought up around the pipeline, and seen the effect the explosion had on families, and the community in general, right to this very day. And you can tell them its the locals fault, for standing next to a pipelane thats supposidly subject to rigourous safety tests and say they shouldn't have walked past it, as thats what caused everything to fail and kill them all.

Or you could stop being a..... well, I was going to call you a c***, but then I realised even a **** has its uses

social

I suppose if you rocked up in the 'Offical Congan Pipeline 2012 thread', then yeah, some people would probably give a ****. Hell some might've been brought up around the pipeline, and seen the effect the explosion had on families, and the community in general, right to this very day. And you can tell them its the locals fault, for standing next to a pipelane thats supposidly subject to rigourous safety tests and say they shouldn't have walked past it, as thats what caused everything to fail and kill them all.

Or you could stop being a..... well, I was going to call you a c***, but then I realised even a **** has its uses
Or you could realise that there are significant differences between the 2 in that the fans inside Hillsborough were in some way (no matter how small) responsible for what happened

Just because it is an emotional issue and people have suffered injustices over the years doesnt change reality

flibbertyjibber

Or you could realise that there are significant differences between the 2 in that the fans inside Hillsborough were in some way (no matter how small) responsible for what happened

Just because it is an emotional issue and people have suffered injustices over the years doesnt change reality
I suppose they were if being guilty of just being there counts.

A desperate argument by you, you must be Kelvin McKenzie's new pr man.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Er, the whole point of the Justice campaign is because the police covered up their failings and tried to pin the blame for 96 people going to watch a game of football and not coming home on other fans who were more fortunate. If the fans were to blame then there would have been hundreds of people dying around the country every week at football games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not seen the footie thread in such a dire state since Aussie was last around tbh. Actually, this might even be worse. Dear me.

Edit: Actually, no. Conclusively worse.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Anyway back to weekends football, I wonder if the weeks events will inspire Liverpool to a better performance for the fans and a first win of the season at Sunderland?

QPR v Chelsea this weekend too, should be fun. Not.

social

Er, the whole point of the Justice campaign is because the police covered up their failings and tried to pin the blame for 96 people going to watch a game of football and not coming home on other fans who were more fortunate. If the fans were to blame then there would have been hundreds of people dying around the country every week at football games.
The improvement in crowd behaviour at football matches is directly correlated to the removal of terraced areas at all major stadiums that was ordered after Hillsborough and is the major reasons why (hopefully) tragedies such as this dont happen every week

Last edited: