• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Agent TBY

International Captain
Nah, **** that Srizza. We're hot **** and gonna win the league!
Do it for Cesc, Nasri and RVP!

And who's decision would that have been? Begs the question why the **** we didn't do it do it for the past 4 pre seasons then.
Your guess is as good as mine, really. This year's Arsenal just seem to be showing far more signs of planning and foresight than in previous years, and this might be one area where it's actually producing results.

I'm still not convinced it'll actually lead to anything substantial, though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Eagerly anticipating the trip to City in two weeks time. Is rarely a bad watch. Having said that, we'll now probably lose at home to Southampton next week or something stupid.

Edit: or not, stupid international break. Dire.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watching the highlights, they look hilariously open, nice big spaces for Arsenal to attack into. Reminds me of the 3-5 last year against Chelsea, two managers too dogmatic to just follow the tried-and-tested Arsenal-beating template.
I thought we did to Liverpool what other teams have done to us in the past. Mature performance from the team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should've just called it. Surely he has enough money.
The word is not. Needs wedge to pay for his gee-gees. Or so Daniel Taylor was saying in an Observer article a few weeks back.

Daniel Taylor said:
there are people within Owen's circle who freely admit he wants to work because he needs money for his horse racing empire at Manor House Stables.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He's probably thrown a lot into it tbf.

Can't understand why Liverpool didn't get in there. Free agent, 2 strikers and all. It really is better than nothing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not if his hamstring blows out after 10 mins.

Good signing for Stoke, as he's the kind of player who'd be good in some sort of reduced role, who could make an impact from the bench every now and again. Can understand why Liverpool would avoid, as with his fitness record he's not exactly someone you'd want as an immediate backup to Suarez (I.e. someone who you'd have to rely on to step up and play 90 mins weekly in the event of injury), and I doubt he'd come cheap either. Would consider looking an Sinama-Pongolle if I were Rodgers, is apparently also a free agent, and though he's not great, he'd be a reasonable squad player IMO.