• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be itstl to see how he goes imo. He's defo got the work rate for that kind of job, I just wonder what his general defensive abilities are like. Would be a shame if his attacking abilities go to waste or are put on the back-burner though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chelsea getting dominated. Falcao must be 50 million in this climate. Goal scoring machine.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, said it a few weeks back. They'll be put to the sword by any team that can attack with a bit of gumption.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing particularly exciting happening today, Essien to Real Madrid the standard strange move of the deadline.

Oh that and City getting Richard Wright.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My summary of our business today:

Wright: Meh. Third choice keeper, could do worse.
Sinclair: Uncertain. Kid was a bright spot for Swansea last year but he was the star of the show there. Feeling another Adam Johnson here. Considering we were strongly linked to Hazard for this position, it's safe to say it's an underwhelming signing. But fingers crossed for the lad.
Maicon: Probably one of my favourite players so, on those grounds, I love the signing. But in footballing terms he's been pretty gash for a few years (had a mini-revivial of sorts last season) and is suspect defensively. Will be an interesting battle between him, Micah and PabZab for that RB spot, can see a bit of horses for courses coming there.
Nastasic: Big fan of this one. Won't claim to have seen a lot of him (only saw 90 minutes of Fiorentina in Serie A last season) but he was solid in that game and has massive wraps on him. PLUS he took Savic off our hands, A+ from me.
Garcia: My favourite signing out of the bunch. Papers claimed he was our second behind De Rossi, but tbh I'd prefer him. So solid, can cover at CB in a pinch and has a wonderful passing range. Am a massive plan. Plus he's ****ing ***y, what more could you want?

Overall: I'd give us a B to a B+ for business. There was no Hazard, van Persie, de Rossi, Javi Martinez, but all the players we brought in are good quality and will contribute. God I wish we spent the money on the Ibra/Silva combo though, and were the ones with Hazard. Life would be ridiculous if they came in. #DREAMERS

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think the financial fair play rules have played a part - City have lost a ****load of money over the last few years because they've been paying wasters like Adebayor a fortune.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As a fan from outside the top division I watch on interested without the pain of watching my club stuff up. If I was a Liverpool or Arsenal fan i'd be very worried as I think they have had poor windows. As for Spurs, well they have done so much business at the end of the window it might not work as they may need time to gel, not convinced by AVB either.

QPR have made me laugh, seems like they did loads of business, got thrashed 5-0 by Swansea and crapped their pants and signed loads more, bonus for them is Barton is out of the club.

Think Man U and Everton probably had the best transfer windows of teams who will be in the top 10 and Newcastle just by keeping their squad together. As for the rest, Sunderland look on paper to have done well but we say that every year and they invariably do bugger all and West Brom look better than last season and some of those Swansea signings look very good so far. Going to be a long winter for Norwich, Villa and Wigan fans though.

As for my lot, still need a striker, laughable rumour about signing Heskey last night. Guess we will get a loan in next week after window reopens.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, my Dad always moans about these sorts of...gentleman.
So, on this subject and awaiting the ridicule of the CW massive, and Sledgers dad. I'm off to the ground and may pick up a replica shirt. I won't be doing the full kit though, sadly.

I've said before, I've only started doing this in recent years, when my age and girth should be putting me off. Yet I'm ****ing sick to death of seeing ****s walking around the city in other replica shirts. TBH, it's always been the way really, but it's getting more irritating with the rise of the Chiefs, this is worse than manure fans IMHO. People that probably didn't know we had a rugby club 3 years ago parading in their ****ing rugger paraphenalia, definition of glory hunters.

So, I want a kit to show off the love of my club in the City I love. Yet I oddly don't like our red and white strip, never have, I think it's because my first few seasons watching we wore white or red pin-stripes, so I've rebelled.

All well and dandy you might think, buy the away kit but this is the away kit, complete with a Gow "Rabona" for the second goal against Accy.

It's ****ing citehs shirt ffs.

Dilemna.....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wearing a replica shirt is fine. Wearing a full replica kit when you're playing 5 a sides is fine.

Wearing a replica shirt or a full replica kit as your formal wear is only acceptable in Liverpool.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah replica shirt is acceptable although I've not had one for a few years now
It's only acceptable for lounging round the house, wearing to games or actually playing football. Wearing it to official functions such as court appearances is only done by low class fans of clubs like Liverpool and Celtic.