Page 265 of 343 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    The poor bloke he bit could have caught Liverpool from him ffs.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Even Canterbury supporters were outraged when one of their blokes bit Tahu back in 09.
    Only got 8 weeks, didn't he?
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I think he got about 12. Should get a year for biting.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Hahaha, wow, nice.

Just read that Man United haven't conceded a penalty or been given a red card all season?! Incredible if true.
    Yeah. I think they might also have the most goals scored and least conceded from set pieces. It's the little things that don't really factor in when we think about who was "the better team" in a match.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Lots. Enough to know that if you bite someone it's as grubby an act as you can perpetrate on a field.

No, I'd heard it said elsewhere you'd posted a lot of crap about this, and as I'd been away I had to read it for myself to believe it. You didn't disappoint.

Biting is the act of an utter grub. I can think of one time when it might be excusable on a sporting field, and that ould be if a bloke was raking his hand over your face to try and gouge you, and you bit his finger. Gouging and biting have to be the lowest acts on a sporting field. He should have got a year.
    Haha, so you've come in like the forum sheriff? Get a grip.

Suarez's bite was so light it left no bruise nor teeth marks...and you think that is worse and worthy of a worse ban than someone getting knocked out so bad they convulse into seizures.

You're a twit and worse you don't know what you're talking about. I've moved on from the matter but you can rant on more if you like. Things mustn't be too good at home I guess.
    Last edited by Ikki; 01-05-2013 at 05:33 AM.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah. I think they might also have the most goals scored and least conceded from set pieces. It's the little things that don't really factor in when we think about who was "the better team" in a match.
    So Stoke would beat Barca?

I think its generally under-appreciated what a culture of winning does for a team. United simply know how to win similarly to how Australia dominated cricket in the previous era. Even when they're under the pump or playing ****...they pull it out because they know what actually matters when it comes to winning and their players are set with that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Things mustn't be too good at home I guess.
    You're a dead set ****ing idiot. I don't care about the Suarez thing but this is so far past the line that it honestly doesn't surprise me that you're defending the biting. Grow up.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 01-05-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    You're a dead set ****ing idiot. I don't care about the Suarez thing but this is so far past the line that it honestly doesn't surprise me that you're defending the biting. Grow up.
    Yeah, talk about a low blow. Pathetic really.

Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members. You couldn't make it up.

And get your panties untied...Burgey jokes about his mrs being on his case a lot, and my comment is a harmless tease, nothing more.
    Last edited by Ikki; 01-05-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members. You couldn't make it up.

And get your panties untied...Burgey jokes about his mrs being on his case a lot, and my comment is a harmless tease, nothing more.
    In the court of public opinion I think you've got about as much chance of winning on that interpretation as you would of successfully defending the proverbial puppy sat next to a pile of poo - now you'll probably say that's a court where you'll never get a fair hearing, a bit like the FA Tribunal that did for that poor Mr Suarez, and the Magistrates Courts that shaft my clients on a regular basis, but sadly that's the way of the world when you try to defend the indefensible

You're a dick and a blight on this forum.

I should like you to understand the intensity of this conviction on my part. It is not out of any attempt to be rude that I say this, but because it is always difficult to decide how to respond to one whose ethos is so repellent common decency.

Edit: Or rather, see what Fred said.
    Last edited by sledger; 01-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members.
    I say some completely indefensible bull**** on here for the sake of pushing the envelope, and I know he does as well, but sledger and I would never say such a personal and line-crossing thing to someone on here. He arguably called you an idiot (even that was borderline, really). YOU then brought family into it. You don't bring family into it, ever. Perhaps you don't know what sort of line you're crossing, but that's half of my point, really.

Actually very surprised at this from Ikki. I mean we know he is a frightful bore but never expected that sort of comment.

Ikki has coped an infraction for his post. It would be best to now move on and get the thread back on topic.

Ikki crossed the line and it's been dealt with by the mod team now. I appreciate that the public call-out was probably necessary too but it's been done now as well, so hopefully the thread can get back on course.

Please try not to reply to any of the above posts.

EDIT: Ahh beaten.
    ~ Cribbage

Thread Information