Cricket Player Manager
Page 259 of 343 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Yeah teams seem to get to league one quite quickly but then tend to fall back down again, Rusdem and Diamonds got to league one very briefly didn't they? Hope Crawley go the same way.

I hate losing to Yeovil and we always bloody do but would prefer them to go up rather than Sheffield United or Swindon, although the those two are more likely be a threat next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Just seen the Brentford penalty miss. Grim. Wild effort.
    Sound when it hit the bar was sickening.

Coupling of inches away from being lauded as an emphatic fInish but you have got to hit the target, thier keeper did not look like he was going to pull off a great save.

International Captain
    You might get one of those odd quirks of fate where Brentford win the Final on penalties.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Sound when it hit the bar was sickening.

Coupling of inches away from being lauded as an emphatic fInish but you have got to hit the target, thier keeper did not look like he was going to pull off a great save.
    Yeah, that was the exact impression I got when I watched the video just now. His body language suggested he was totally deflated and resigned to picking the ball out of the back of the net, understandably so.

It was the sort of penalty that you basically just needed to hit firmly and on target, and unless you hit in straight at the keeper you'd have scored. No idea why Trotta thought it was appropriate to try and smash it into the roof of the net. One suspects he saw the chance to make himself the hero and got ahead of himself. Awful scenes.

International Captain
    Lots of mobile phone footage floating around of the ending. It looks like it was also broadcast live from the stadium on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday. Even Jeff Stelling almost passed out.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Stinks that playoff semis after a 46 game season are played over 3-5 days and a seasons work can go up in smoke thanks to one or two knocks to key players. Always thought this but tv rules again.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is that a TV thing? Can't really think why it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

My word that is awful play from Sagna.

So so bad. Especially since Arsenal have dominated. Always the way, it seems.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Is that a TV thing? Can't really think why it would be.
    To an extent yeah, the play-off dates are dictated by Sky since they started showing each game, but thinking back to our regular play-off appearances in the 90s it was always the weekend after the season finished and then the following midweek. Thankfully for L1&2 clubs, this season's Championship POs are a little later meaning that the schedule is a bit more logical.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Not a lot of quality in that game, neither side deserved the win. So little created in the last 20 minutes or so considering how much space opened up.

Yeah, draw definitely a fair result. Quite an enjoyable watch though, I thought. Very tense at least, I think my heartbeat has only just returned to normal.

Podolski might be lacking on match fitness, but I thought today was a pretty strong indication that he's not good enough to play up front on his own, not against good sides at least. Looked off the pace for most of the match, and ponderous in possession, couldn't hold it up at all. Arsenal on the whole were pretty good though I thought, just lacked incision and a quality forward...if only they had a player like Van Persie....

Also, further evidence to my claim that Arsenal do not concede good goals. Yet another ****ty goal conceded directly from a horrible error ffs.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Stinks that playoff semis after a 46 game season are played over 3-5 days and a seasons work can go up in smoke thanks to one or two knocks to key players. Always thought this but tv rules again.
    Play offs are evil.
    ​63*

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    They are but I can live with them in the promotion race, though I like the idea of promotion/relegation play-offs like when they were first launched and indeed as I believe you still have in Scotland?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    They are but I can live with them in the promotion race, though I like the idea of promotion/relegation play-offs like when they were first launched and indeed as I believe you still have in Scotland?
    They're ****ing daft in Scotland because there's an enormous difference between the First Division (teams are mostly full time) and Second Division (all part-time).

They'd also be farcical between the Premier League and the Championship.

I just hate the idea that a 36 game season (or in England, 46) all essentially counts for nothing and promotion is decided on the basis of 3 games.

Thread Information