Page 252 of 343 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    He'd completed his ban in Holland hadn't he? Was due back the next game Ajax were scheduled to play.

As for comparing it to Defoe, well that's just lolable. One was provoked (and seen by the referee), the other wasn't. As one was seen, it can't have been banned for.

The joke is the people defending him or calling it "insignificant"
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Unfortunately they don't get to consider all the scumbag stuff Suarez did that he got away with.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Suarez pays the price for his record I'm afraid, as he should, and if there was an element of "to discourage the others" about it then I can't see he can take issue with that either - bloke needs to learn how to behave himself as, remarkable and worrying as it may be, he is a role model for those who know no better

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    He'd completed his ban in Holland hadn't he? Was due back the next game Ajax were scheduled to play.
    Yeah, you're right actually. He had 1 game left when he moved to Liverpool.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Defoe definitely got off light but I'm sick of people saying they were "the same thing". Defoe sort of reached his head forward and pinched Mascherano with his teeth as if he was failing to dunk for an apple. Suarez gripped onto Ivanovic's arm with both hands and sunk the teeth in as hard as he could.
    Which left no mark, nor bruise.

"Ivanovic was checked over for injuries by Chelsea after the game – there were none – and the Met police officer who visited the club's training ground also looked for bite marks or bruises. He too saw nothing. The officer, acting with the police on Merseyside, asked Ivanovic whether he wanted to press charges. He did not"

They were basically the same thing. And worse, the ref saw Defoe do it.

As for comparing it to Defoe, well that's just lolable. One was provoked (and seen by the referee), the other wasn't. As one was seen, it can't have been banned for.

The joke is the people defending him or calling it "insignificant"
    Provocation is not an excuse. Especially since, by their own standards, what Mascherano did (a bad tackle) is nowhere near a bite (10 match banning offence). This is like saying a punch to the face is OK if a bad tackle is made prior to provoke the player. Make sense.

EDIT: yes, it can be banned for, even if the ref has seen it.
    Last edited by Ikki; 24-04-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Eds
    As one was seen, it can't have been banned for.
    My point?
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Retrospective bans can still be made whether or not the ref saw it but in 'exceptional circumstances'.

The FA | Football Rules & Governance - Not Seen Incidents

Go to 3:30 and watch the rest. 'Exceptional circumstances' includes situations which go beyond merely upgrading a yellow to a red but ones where the severity of the transgression would garner more than the usual 3 match ban. Clearly, the Defoe instance applies if Suarez's is worth 10 here.

EDIT/ADD: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...wsstory.sport7

So they said the Defoe bite wouldn't warrant more than 3 games. Did I say the FA were a joke?
    Last edited by Ikki; 24-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Unfortunately they don't get to consider all the scumbag stuff Suarez did that he got away with.

Totally agree, he did Mirallas in that derby match too and that was worse than the Distin one.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah there are loads of examples. Something Liverpool would do well to remember before pulling out the anti-Liverpool conspiracy card for the millionth time.

Yeah there are loads of examples. Something Liverpool would do well to remember before pulling out the anti-Liverpool conspiracy card for the millionth time.
    I like it when this happens though. The level of butt-hurt is hilarious. This thread is QED of that.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    This got 8 matches
    I'm hardly a massive Liverpool and Suarez fan, but I definitely think something like this is much worse. What Suarez did was incredibly weird, bizarre and more than a bit concerning, but from what I've seen, what he did didn't cause any extreme pain or damage.

Obviously he's a repeat offender and all that though, which does complicate things a little bit for me trying to come to a conclusion on whether the decision was fair, harsh or lenient. But I hardly think anyone trying to argue for it being harsh should be branded playing the anti-Liverpool conspiracy card.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    But I hardly think anyone trying to argue for it being harsh should be branded playing the anti-Liverpool conspiracy card.
    It's not just anyone doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Suarez pays the price for his record I'm afraid, as he should, and if there was an element of "to discourage the others" about it then I can't see he can take issue with that either - bloke needs to learn how to behave himself as, remarkable and worrying as it may be, he is a role model for those who know no better

Brilliant stuff Fred

I am so sick of people saying "I know he's a **** but he's our **** so that is ok"

The guy is a **** - end of

Unless football starts cracking down on these guys, every team will have "our ****"
    Last edited by social; 24-04-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Wow this is fantastic, please can Bayern not buy Lewandowski.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Yeah, incredible. Pretty pumped up right now.

Thread Information