Page 248 of 343 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

I would really hate Bayern if I was a German fan.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I would really hate Bayern if I was a German fan.
    I'm yet to meet one non-smug Bayern fan. Such an entitled club.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

I don't understand his motivation in doing it really, what does he gain out of it? He's moving to a better team, to an extent, but he's likely to play far less. Meh I dunno. So weird to me.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    2 million more per year? Also, he'd get a better shot at the national team in a Bayern side.
    ★★★★★

Clearly a desperation move to appease the fans who'll be angry when the news breaks that they've already agreed to sell Kroos and Schweinsteiger to United.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    2 million more per year? Also, he'd get a better shot at the national team in a Bayern side.
    I don't profess to know a lot about Dortmund's finances, but I imagine they could get much closer than two million per year difference if they wanted to. Would he really, though? What if he starts slowly and spends half of Bayern's games warming the bench? Dortmund he'd start every game he was fit enough to. If Dortmund really can't afford to pay him anything close then fair enough, but it's a hell of a risk.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 23-04-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Their chances of catching them aren't just reliant on not selling Suarez though
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    in my opinion Liverpool have been totally carried by Suarez, and to a lesser extent Gerrard, for the last two years.
    Hmm.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Isn't the first one saying that Liverpool need lots of other stuff to happen in addition to Suarez staying to challenge for fourth?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Is this post a joke? It's manly to fly kick someone because he said some mean things about you? The "manly" thing to do would be to grow up and get on with the game because that random **** in the crowd means nothing to you.
    Probably helpful you reply to what I posted rather than the post you seem to have imagined I made.

If you'll look closely I called Cantona's action "indefensible" and said he "squared up like a man", drawing what I thought was an obvious contrast to the sneaky nature of Suarez biting his opponent, not that Cantona's action was "manly".

Oh, and FYI, he'd have struggled to get on with the game as he'd already been shown a red card.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Clearly a desperation move to appease the fans who'll be angry when the news breaks that they've already agreed to sell Kroos and Schweinsteiger to United.
    I would be deeply upset if either of those things happened, they are not though so its ok.

Anyway teams anounced for tonight, big evening for Bartra.

No Villa for Barca. but plenty of pace, it is unlikely but it would be really interesting to see them playing on the break. Would have played Tello myself though.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Isn't the first one saying that Liverpool need lots of other stuff to happen in addition to Suarez staying to challenge for fourth?
    That is how it was intended to come across, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Probably helpful you reply to what I posted rather than the post you seem to have imagined I made.

If you'll look closely I called Cantona's action "indefensible" and said he "squared up like a man", drawing what I thought was an obvious contrast to the sneaky nature of Suarez biting his opponent, not that Cantona's action was "manly".

Oh, and FYI, he'd have struggled to get on with the game as he'd already been shown a red card.
    I've used this analogy before, but for me the kick into the crowd is comparable to stealing someone's money at gun point, whereas the biting is akin to stealing an old lady's money through deceit and trickery. Both acts are deplorable, but there's a difference in the level of their integrity, and "honesty" if you will.

The Cantona incident was on a member of the public though, which makes it worse in someways. Football players are violent towards each other all the time on the pitch, it just his method of violence is so ****ing wierd. Personally I find the whole incident kind of amusing rather than unspeakably awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    The Cantona incident was on a member of the public though, which makes it worse in someways. Football players are violent towards each other all the time on the pitch, it just his method of violence is so ****ing wierd. Personally I find the whole incident kind of amusing rather than unspeakably awful.
    I think the difference in the nature of the acts actually makes them quite hard to compare, more so than the fact that the kick was directed at a spectator, and the bite at another player. I really am somewhat surprised the police didn't decide to take this one any further though, people convicted of these types of assault where there's a chance of an exchange of bodily fluids (e.g. spitting/biting) usually have the book thrown at them when it comes to sentencing. And as I said previously, it's an act that falls well outside the consent to harm anyone agree to when undertaking an organised sporting activity.

Thread Information