• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hope so. Not heard any rumours but got a nasty feeling he will wind up at Real. If Higuain is leaving then surley someone is going to come in and and Atletico seem determined that it is not going to be Falcao.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How often does a manager quit/get sacked and then return to the same club in the major leagues?
As others have said, it's probably quite rare but one tends to notice them so it seems more common than it maybe is.

Fabio Capello has a couple of goes at both Real & Milan & his predecessor at AC, Arrigo Sacchi, had two spells there too.

More parochially John Beck had two periods in charge of the mighty U's (Cambridge United, for philistines) and another ex-U's boss, Gary Johnson, has just broken Pothas's heart by leading Yeovil into The Championship in his second time as their manager at the expense of Pothas's Bees.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tis a good move. Am somewhat skeptical over the idea of adding a 5th CL place to the teams playing in the big leagues though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tis a good move. Am somewhat skeptical over the idea of adding a 5th CL place to the teams playing in the big leagues though.
I'd like it if only the top country got a fifth place. Could make some games more interesting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd like it if only the top country got a fifth place. Could make some games more interesting.
Always felt the winners should qualify as holders rather than part of their country's quota. Which I suppose Happened to an extent in 2005.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always felt the winners should qualify as holders rather than part of their country's quota. Which I suppose Happened to an extent in 2005.
Yeah I'd like that too, it doesn't really make sense that the team finishing 4th is punished for coming from the strongest league that season.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ask Carlos Tevez. :ph34r:

Hadn't learned even amateur level English for like 3/4 years IIRC.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I never get along with foreign languages at school, but yes, it is pretty poor. Especially when it could help your football career so much.