• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thing is with those two is that they are not going to become ridiculously good, I know it sounds easy to say but Arsenal need to buy someone like Henry that improves massively.
Haha, I was just thinking that, to be fair. Maybe Sanogo can turn out to be amazing. Would have had a far bit of faith in it happening a few years ago, but memories of so many young players that were supposed to turn out to be great only to flop has rather dampened my enthusiasm. Denilson, probably the best/worst example of this.

On Giroud though, whilst he may never be that great individually, I could see him turning out to be a 20 goal a season striker, he just has something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. Problem is I can't quite see how he'd fit in and get enough game time if Arsenal signed another few forwards.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Goetze out of the CL final with injury. A shame, his involvement and performance was a particularly interesting sub-plot.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Goetze out of the CL final with injury. A shame, his involvement and performance was a particularly interesting sub-plot.
One wonders if this is one of "those" injuries, that players mysteriously get when called up for international duty tbh. Seems awfully coincidental.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, I was just thinking that, to be fair. Maybe Sanogo can turn out to be amazing. Would have had a far bit of faith in it happening a few years ago, but memories of so many young players that were supposed to turn out to be great only to flop has rather dampened my enthusiasm. Denilson, probably the best/worst example of this.

On Giroud though, whilst he may never be that great individually, I could see him turning out to be a 20 goal a season striker, he just has something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. Problem is I can't quite see how he'd fit in and get enough game time if Arsenal signed another few forwards.
I don't mind Giroud or Podolski

Trouble is that it's difficult to imagine them taking Arse anywhere higher than 4th unless they are deployed as a secondary striker to a real gem

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can't believe Arsenal spent about as much on Podolski as Dortmund did on Reus.

Wenger should really steer clear of Germany, his record in terms of signings is gash.

Jarquis

Podolski, Per and Jens were/are all good signings. Meh.

Think I rate Higuain higher than most on here it seems. Bloke scores goals. Simple as.

Jarquis

Amaury Bischoff though... :ph34r:
Forgot Rosicky and Eisfeld looks the goods too.
We'll be big faves for Jovetic then.
That's far too simplistic a way to rate a striker.
Not the only reason I rate him obviously but its a big part of it. Generally a striker who scores you 20+ a season is going to be of more value than someone who chips in with a dozen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He picked it up three weeks ago tbf. Would have to be pretty well planned.
It's probably perfectly innocent to be honest, but there's no denying it conveniently bypasses a lot of rather difficult questions about potential conflicts of interest.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's probably perfectly innocent to be honest, but there's no denying it conveniently bypasses a lot of rather difficult questions about potential conflicts of interest.
Tbf, what better way than to justify the £32 Million than by destroying Bayern in the final. Given the way they've been playing this year, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few Bayern supporters who think it was pointless bringing him. A good performance in the final would've killed that.

I reckon he was desperate to do well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There shouldn't be any conflict of interest; Gotze is a Dortmund player until July 1st.

Plus, if I was Gotze, I'd want to turn up to pre-season training with Bayern with a Champions League winner's medal round my neck.

Pothas

Yeah agree.

Had not really thought about it until now but how are they going to get him in the side? Not sure it is the best move for him a year before the world cup.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah agree.

Had not really thought about it until now but how are they going to get him in the side? Not sure it is the best move for him a year before the world cup.
It all depends on what sort of system Guardiola wants Bayern to play, but he'll fit in. He's the best player in the Bundesliga.