Cricket Player Manager
Page 227 of 343 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Barca and Bayern certainly are. Real and Dortmund debateable.
    Who would you have ahead of them?
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Eds
    Juve surely worth a shout.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I saw a similar incident when I was playing an U15 game- one of our players was sent off for catching someone in the face while trying to get the ball back for a throw-in, but the player he'd caught told the ref it was accidental and the decision was reversed. The contrast was mildly depressing so the Malaga man being booked made my night. Schmelzer barely even touched him and he went down clutching his face, refs don't penalise that bull**** anywhere near enough.
    That's not true. There was fair bit of contact. Obviously not enough for the player to go down clutching his face, then look up and see the referee coming and the crowd around him and then go down again clutching his face.

You could say he deserved to be booked for simulation though many player do that these days and get away, but the weird part of that decision was that Schmelzer got away? He clearly lost his temper and did something stupid deliberately.
    Last edited by Cevno; 09-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Who would you have ahead of them?
    I think both of them are on Par with Juve and United. PSG probably in and around that too with the way they have been organized under Ancelotti. Though slightly lower than these 4.
    Last edited by Cevno; 09-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.

No way PSG are on the same level as Real or Dortmund.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    That's not true. There was fair bit of contact. Obviously not enough for the player to go down clutching his face, then look up and see the referee coming and the crowd around him and then go down again clutching his face.

You could say he deserved to be booked for simulation though many player do that these days and get away, but the weird part of that decision was that Schmelzer got away? He clearly lost his temper and did something stupid deliberately.
    I dunno, I would have to see it again and cbf.

It annoys me when players hold onto the ball like that. It's too easy to take time out of the game when you're winning in football, there's a whole art form to making a goal kick take 3 minutes. Rugby is just miles ahead on that kind of thing- if you touch the ball at all after it's awarded to the other team you're penalised, and the clock freezes when the ball goes out of play for any length of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    No way PSG are on the same level as Real or Dortmund.
    Not on the same level probably, but don't think they are that far off either. Would have been interesting had they drawn Dortmund.

Eds

It annoys me when players hold onto the ball like that. It's too easy to take time out of the game when you're winning in football, there's a whole art form to making a goal kick take 3 minutes. Rugby is just miles ahead on that kind of thing- if you touch the ball at all after it's awarded to the other team you're penalised, and the clock freezes when the ball goes out of play for any length of time.
    Yeah, agreed. Particularly frustrating is the referees who forget that actually the extra time announced is a minimum. Two goals were scored in extra time, and yet the referee is happy to blow the whistle at 94:04 after four minutes was announced. I'm fairly sure there was a good minute and a half of non-playing time right there.

Simon Champion!

Yeah, agree with this but still shouldn't be doing what Schmelzer did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Particularly frustrating is the referees who forget that actually the extra time announced is a minimum. Two goals were scored in extra time, and yet the referee is happy to blow the whistle at 94:04 after four minutes was announced. I'm fairly sure there was a good minute and a half of non-playing time right there.
    Agree with this too.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar

I'm starting to come round to the idea that football should be 2 halves of 30 minutes with the clock stopping when the ball isn't in play.
    ​63*

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I think both of them are on Par with Juve and United.
    Really?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'm starting to come round to the idea that football should be 2 halves of 30 minutes with the clock stopping when the ball isn't in play.
    Been saying something similar for a fair while.

How often is the ball actually "in play" in an average game?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    About 50 minutes IIRC
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Not sure anyone actually deserves promotion this season. Surely all these sides would get annhilated in the Championship. Been an amazing season though.
    Can say the same about League 2, I think, bar Gillingham.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!

You should watch the arab teams play (clubs or countries). They are disgraceful at it. They fall at every opportunity and take an age to take any throw-in/goal-kick/free-kick, etc. It hasn't gotten that bad in Europe but they should really do it like Rugby, as you say.
    ★★★★★

Thread Information