• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely Carlzora will be off to citeh, when Pellegrini takes over? Keeps up the Arse being feeder clubs for Manchester, which is always funny.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd love to see Fabregas at United but I could only see him coming back for Arsenal. If he was available and willing to move they'd surely be insane to pass it up, given they have both first option to buy him and the money to do so.

And quite frankly a Fabregas-Wilshere midfield partnership sounds frighteningly good.
We'd have a whole stack of quality central midfield options if Fabregas comes back. Cesc, Santi, Arteta, Wilshire, Ramesy, Rosicky and Diaby to name a few

Think the money would be better off spent on a defensive option, but I'd never pass up the chance to resign Cesc.

Pothas

Would still be surprised if Barcelona gave up on Fabregas this quickly.

Be interesting to see who City go after this summer and to see if Pellegrini can get more out of what they have already, Nasri in particular comes to mind.

Pothas

Well that makes things interesting.

Neither side can draw this game so could be a great second half.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
****, I would hate if this turns out to be like QPR-Reading where both sides sabotage the other by getting a draw.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wigan will be ruing not getting a goal from those couple of times they got in behind the defence at the start of the second half.

grecian

Not getting the Wigan love myself, Whelan is just a ****, and quite frankly time for them to go down, now they've got their cup. I like Martinez, but he won't be there next year anyway.

Pothas

That is that then. Going to be the least exciting last day of the season ever, everyone can focus on the important game that is played that day instead.

Pothas

Yeah has been awful.

Can't get even a little bit excited about 4th place now Chelsea have secured their spot.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The last season Wigan where in the Championship? 2004-05. The last time Arsenal won a trophy? 2004-05.

League or FA cup next year? :ph34r:

Jarquis

Reckon I'd give up all hope if Cesc ever played for another Premiership side, whether it be United, Chelsea, Spuds or ****ing Ipswich if they ever find themselves back in the league. He can't come back and it not be to us.

So happy with the result tonight though. Form since January was been brilliant.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not getting the Wigan love myself, Whelan is just a ****, and quite frankly time for them to go down, now they've got their cup. I like Martinez, but he won't be there next year anyway.
It's just for footballing reasons. For relegation strugglers they play some really nice stuff, and since they can't defend either they're involved in a lot of great games. They have a distinctive style and always try to play their own game regardless of the opposition. Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich are ****ing hideous to watch in comparison.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not beaten a good side (apart from 10 man Spurs) all season though, that has to be a worry.
Yeah, I think that's been the major disappointment this season for me. Even though we were shocking in parts last season, there were still things like the wins against Tottenham, Man City and at Stamford Bridge, that will hold as really good memories. I think overall, we're a stronger side than we were last season. Walcott and Ramesy have improved, Cazorla is dictating the midfield, and Wilshire being back has helped. But we lack the special - not world class, because I think Santi is - brilliant player that would walk into any side, to dominate games and perform against the strongest sides. Van Persie gave us that last season and Fabregas did to an extent when he was there, but it's just been missing this season.

It's been a bit of a frustrating season in that respect, as at times I watch us play well for a prolonged period and think we could even challenge for the tittle next season with a couple of good buys. But then I watch us go to Old Trafford and get dominated and it's really sobering.