Page 222 of 343 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    If we don't beat Fulham tomorrow then I am officially ****ting myself.

****ing Stoke couldn't even beat Villa at home. That used to be all they had!

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Should have thought Newcastle will see off Fulham tomorrow. Newcastle have been poor of late, but they've got too many genuinely good players to go down surely. They've under performed really badly this year, no doubt about it, but Fulham aren't great away from Home.

Been on a bit of a run lately though Fulham but yeah Newcastle need the win and think they will get it. That and a win against Sunderland next weekend and they will be safe.

I expect they'll probably see off Sunderland too actually, but since neither club nor manager are particularly likeable, I'll be hoping for whatever result increases the chances of them both being relegated.

That said, I will give Sunderland my total support tomorrow. If they get any sort of result at Stamford Bridge it will be extremely amusing, as Chelsea have a run of tricky games to close up with and they could end up in **** creek.

As much as I don't want Chelsea to win anything, it would be hilarious if Benitez won two trophies but took them to 5th.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Think they'll be right; T*ttenham seem in the grips of their now traditional (and heartening) business end of the season jibbing.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Looks a shocker:

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I really like/rate Monreal. Could well be the difference for Arsenal making CL football imo.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

I think he's settled very well and made quite a bit of difference tbh. He's had the odd wobble, but for a player who's moved to the Premiership from Spain, and in the January transfer window no less, he's settled really well.

Kieran Gibbs with a real fight on his hands now, as I should have thought Monreal will be automatic first choice for the foreseeable future.

Edit: In fact, out the Premiership games he's played since joining, Arsenal have won 6 out of 7, and conceded 4 goals. Conversely, in the 7 games prior to him signing, Arsenal won 2, and conceded 11.

I'm not trying to say he alone is responsible for the turnaround, but I think it's more than coincidence that Arsenal improved upon his signing.
    Last edited by sledger; 06-04-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Should have thought Newcastle will see off Fulham tomorrow. Newcastle have been poor of late, but they've got too many genuinely good players to go down surely. They've under performed really badly this year, no doubt about it, but Fulham aren't great away from Home.
    This is what I thought 4 years ago tbh.

Spurs at it again.

Haha and now Sunderland are winning.

Well 2-2 then, in a rather unlike Spurs in April development. Race for the champions league could be really good in the next few weeks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    This is what I thought 4 years ago tbh.
    It definitely wasn't true 4 years ago, yous were ****e. You really, really shouldn't be going down with the team you have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It definitely wasn't true 4 years ago, yous were ****e. You really, really shouldn't be going down with the team you have now.
    Okay we weren't a particularly good team, but we certainly weren't that bad either. I remember at the time the general consensus was similar - 'they really shouldn't go down with the players they have'. At that time we even still had Given, N'Zogbia, Nolan, Jose Enrique and some others, they just didn't perform anywhere near capability.

Edit: In any case, my main point is that quality of players doesn't count for anything if they aren't performing to a good enough standard. No one is 'too good' to be guaranteed safety and that is what 4 years ago taught me.
    Last edited by MW1304; 07-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah, agreed. The Newcastle side that was relegated just gave the illusion of being good, with a bunch of players who for some reason had good reputations despite being mundane/poor.

Shame Everton couldn't have held on a bit longer today, would have been extremely amusing. Suspect Sunderland might be beaten now that Chelsea have equalised, but as things stand it's been a really great weekend so far.

Edit: Crap, just realised Chelsea are now leading.

Thread Information