• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Such a typical City thing to do, make me stay up to 4am just to lose. Could've just conceded twice in the first half like they deserved to and saved me an extra hour of sleep.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Manchester City really are a myth, amazing that they won the league. No wonder Mancini is apparently on his way out.

Well deserved victory for Wigan, the goal not only winning them the FA Cup but saving them from another half an hour of stress filled football and maybe penalties - might be crucial in the league.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I still can't get used to this Wembley, it doesn't feel like Wembley.
It really doesn't have anything to recommend it, imo. The only atmosphere it gives off is that of "big new generic stadium", though tbf I haven't actually been in person. Totally agree though, was just thinking the same thing earlier on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No wonder Mancini is apparently on his way out.
Have been saying it for a while, but surely they have to get rid of him. He's repeatedly shown that he's tactically nowhere near as astute as most of his peers, and his transfer record and man management aren't anything to shout about either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have been saying it for a while, but surely they have to get rid of him. He's repeatedly shown that he's tactically nowhere near as astute as most of his peers, and his transfer record and man management aren't anything to shout about either.
I think he gets too much stick. Citeh weren't in great shape with Hughes in charge and he improved them a lot, fast. His mistakes are always so glaring and stupid though. Wenger had a similar problem: did a great job building a team then made comical boobs like refusing to replace Lolmunia.

Pellegrini is a really good manager anyway so if they can get him in it's a no-brainer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Before today's match, the last three Cup Final winning managers had something in common. Now, including today the last three all have something different in common. 35 GIMH points to anyone who can tell me both things.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
(i) Ancelotti, Mancini, Di Matteo - Italians
(ii) Mancini - Di Matteo, Martinez - erm... Names beginning with "M"? All between 5'9 and 5'11?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not there anymore, Guessing it'd be rubbish.

So long as he and Jonny Evans don't go on the (alleged) pull together, he'll be fine

In truth, I'm not too fussed over van Persie. Whilst I think he's a fine striker, and had a great season, I don't think he'd bring anything new to the table. I don't think he'd shake up how we play, or give us a different approach when we are struggling.

I'm gonna get mullered for this, but if Carroll's available, I'd like Fergie to take a punt. He's had a dreadful time at Anfield, but deep down I do believe he has the raw ability to become a pretty good player. He's good in the air, decent on the deck, can run at a defence, muscle them out, drop back and help out a defence, stay up as a target man.
At Newcastle he was showing the makings of a good 'classic no 9', though its been stripped at Anfield. I reckon Fergie could coax out the Carroll of before, and more importantly he'd offer a different dimension to our 3 small strikers in Rooney/Hernandez/Welbeck. None of them are particularly good in the air (Rooney can hold his own I suppose), and were a team that do like to get down the flanks and put in a good ball, especially Valencia from the by-line. Also whenever we've struggled to break down a game, we've tended to revert to a wasteful plan B of hoof it from the halfway line - something thats not worked since Ruud.

There, i've said it, I'd rather have Carroll than RVP. Expect me to choke violently on those in 9 months.
Surely the best post of the season