• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's funny you say that because the FA has always felt the opposite. Most of the tickets go to grassroots clubs and referees on the grounds that it's and occasion for "the whole football family" rather than just those two clubs.

It's not all about the money, although paying off the new Wembley does mean giving plenty of tickets to sponsors. But as for the rest they could make a lot more money by selling them on the open market than by offering them to people involved with clubs, who tend to mostly just sell them on anyway.
Well I said IMO so what the FA thinks is irrelevant. IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Love how ITV keep saying the FA Cup is all about upsets, then remind everyone watching that there hasn't been an upset in a final for the past 20 years.
20 years ago takes us to 1993, when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday. Hardly an upset.

Bonus point to anyone that can tell me what was special about that final, without googling.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've just realised that for the first time ever in over 40 years of watching the Cup Final I'm watching on my own, and what's worse I have an ipad on my lap. This is not how God planned it.

Yeah, same for me, not even drinking, other than decaf coffee. Used to be such a big deal to watch it with mates, the match di-matteo scored after .5 seconds, I watched in the common room at a hospital, with visitors.

Watching the cricket more than the match TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
20 years ago takes us to 1993, when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday. Hardly an upset.

Bonus point to anyone that can tell me what was special about that final, without googling.
Choose from either the last one that had a replay or the first time it was the same two sides as the League Cup Final. Was gonna say first with squad numbers but that was the League Cup I think.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

wednesday losing both finals possibly, I watched that one in Wingfield Park Social Club I think.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

The only thing that springs to mind is that the same two teams played the League Cup Final for the only time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ITV were saying the last final upset was 95, so 18 years ago.

Toffees beating the forces of darkness.

ManUre absolutely battered us in 2005 before we won on pens, but suppose we were favs going in, finishing second to the Chavs and all.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Citeh should have signed him at half-time. He won't be at Wigan long anyway. Him, Benteke and Michu will surely be going somewhere decent.
Can see him washing up at United at some stage, very much their type of player. Them or Spurs, the other big sides don't really play with wingers.