• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Much respect to Sir Alex, what a manager.

This is such a huge moment in world sport.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like Klopp best, nice balance between being successful, likable and in it for the long haul. But I think he's staying put.

I'd much rather have Mourinho than Moyes. He's just too much better at the job for anything else to be relevant.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd much rather have Mourinho than Moyes. He's just too much better at the job for anything else to be relevant.
He just cuts a far more impressive figure all round imo. If I was a United fan, I would want him, no question about it whatsoever.

Really do not see what Moyes could bring to a really top of the range side.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Looking long term and in term's of youth development + putting the club first it rules out "It's all about me" Jose, no ?

Who else is there ? Can only think of Klopp and dunno if he is that keen to leave Dortmund right now as he said for a german in England, it will be very tough some time last year IIRC + he changes the whole structure wherever he goes and has worked with a Sporting director at Dortmund.

Uppercut

Looking long term and in term's of youth development + putting the club first it rules out "It's all about me" Jose, no ?

Who else is there ? Can only think of Klopp and dunno if he is that keen to leave Dortmund right now as he said for a german in England, it will be very tough some time last year IIRC + he changes the whole structure wherever he goes and has worked with a Sporting director at Dortmund.
Where did Moyes even get his youth development reputation? I count Osman and Rooney as the only two youth products he's brought through in eleven years.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Where did Moyes even get his youth development reputation? I count Osman and Rooney as the only two youth products he's brought through in eleven years.
Coleman, Barkley,Rodwell, Anichebe etc just off the top of my head... there have been a few more too. Plus he has given chances to others too from whatever he has had coming up.

He's not the best in this regard, but Mourinho is completely short term.

Can you really see Mourinho sticking with Welbeck while he is scoring 1 goal a season ? He'll probably want to buy a replacement for his 3 year cycle. Evans had 2 years where he was bullied a bit. Fletcher was only decent till he became very good.

Plus with Mourinho, though he seems a good guy it's all about him. And he falls out at almost every club and leaves the team with no long term planning.

I won't mind Mourinho tbh, but i can see where the club are coming from in this regard.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
This will be weird. He's been manager for my entire lifetime. The idea of us without Ferguson just seems wrong.

Don't want Moyes at all, pretty worried about this.

Uppercut

Looks like they've gone with Moyes. Balls. Beginning of the end of United's era of dominance I reckon.