Page 202 of 343 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Their transfer record for the past two seasons has been pretty poor on the whole tbh. Not only have they overspent, but they've just brought in loads of players who have under-performed and/or had no impact. What's worse, is that even at the time of purchase, a lot of them looked very dubious from the get go.

Buck should stop with Mancini imo. Not good tactically, has been awful in the transfer market. Should be sacked.
    If Mancini was managing the sheikh's team in the UAE, the chances are that he would have been sacked by now

However, Man City is very different in that it has the eyes of the footballing world upon it so the guys around the owner will do everything that they can to ensure he is regarded in a good light

If that means giving Mancini more time so that his sacking isnt seen as being a knee-jerk reaction, then so be it
    Last edited by social; 18-03-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, was about to say the same thing actually. Didn't see the game, but sounds like Rodgers made some very questionable calls by putting Skrtel and Allen back in the team today. Sounds like they both had shocking games as well.
    To be fair, hindsight is 20-20. They weren't just bad, they were abysmal. I don't think he, nor anyone, could have predicted how they ended up playing. Credit to Southampton though, they killed us. If we had gotten anything from the match it would have been daylight robbery.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Liverpool are a good side though. Honest.

Think absolutely everybody predicted the effect playing Allen would have tbh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Think absolutely everybody predicted the effect playing Allen would have tbh
    Not really, he's not playing well but he's not bad enough to explain the entire team's poor performance. I think it's overplayed anyway. Citeh got a spanking at So'ton, Arsenal were completely overrun and United only came away with anything because of RVP's trademark arse-saving routine. Ending a prolonged unbeaten streak with a loss in a very tough away game shouldn't be sparking such an inquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

No, I disagree. Absolutely every Liverpool fan I've seen talk about the matter knew what playing Allen would mean. I'm not saying he's single handedly responsible but he did exactly as expected.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    FA having a good week here - ****ed up over Ferdinand (should be banned for next 2 United games if, as he claims, he still wants to play Internationals) and then ****ed up over McManaman.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Not really, he's not playing well but he's not bad enough to explain the entire team's poor performance. I think it's overplayed anyway. Citeh got a spanking at So'ton, Arsenal were completely overrun and United only came away with anything because of RVP's trademark arse-saving routine. Ending a prolonged unbeaten streak with a loss in a very tough away game shouldn't be sparking such an inquisition.
    Southampton have played well in all of those fixtures, that must be said, but I don't think the direness of Liverpool is being underplayed. Both they, and City, played extremely in those fixtures, completely independently of how well Southampton performed.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    No, I disagree. Absolutely every Liverpool fan I've seen talk about the matter knew what playing Allen would mean. I'm not saying he's single handedly responsible but he did exactly as expected.
    It's rubbish, no one would have predicted it. Allen in the opening few months was being described as a fantastic buy and only since about the turn of the new year has he been under par...and even then just merely not imposing, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    The thing with Allen is that he is usually amongst the most accurate passers...anywhere. He usually passes within the 90+% range and in the Southampton game passed at 65% which is woeful. It correlates with just how not in control we were and it was only when Lucas came on that we got a foothold in the game.

Having said that, I agree with you that Southamption have played brilliantly against many opponents - often not getting the points their play has deserve - and one can't be blind to the fact that sometimes the opposition are just better on the day (and hence it is not just about one or two players underperforming).

You can't tell me whether or not other people have said something is rubbish ffs. They said it, it's a matter of fact that's not up for discussion. FMD.

Really hate pass completion stats. Such a lazy way of trying to show a player's worth.

Eds
    I'd say it was more down to the 4-4-2 we tried to play than Allen's performance. He'd been asked to play as part of a midfield two with Gerrard and that was always going to go badly but that's Rodgers' fault not Allen's.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    FA having a good week here - ****ed up over Ferdinand (should be banned for next 2 United games if, as he claims, he still wants to play Internationals) and then ****ed up over McManaman.
    Try selling that one

Football must be just about the only sport in the world where the vast majority of players care more about their club than country

Thread Information