• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't say anything other than I meant it as a teasing comment - because, in all honestly, thats what it was. And I rarely (basically never) get that kind of personal, so its surprising to me that people think I am. If Burgey has taken it as more then I apologise to him sincerely. I don't wish him ill despite that we might not see eye to eye.

Frankly, who gives a **** about Suarez or anyone else over a member here or a family member of theirs.
For what its worth I don't doubt that for one moment

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As for dramatically lower? Hmm

Stockport County, Grimsby Town, Luton Town all out of the league and all played a lengthy amount of second tier football, top tier for a short while in the case of the latter

Do Wimbledon count?
Luton Down were a top flight fixture when I were a nipper. Without checking I'd guess they had a decade run.

Them and their plastic pitch, ban on away supporters and Tory **** of a chairman.

Never could work out why Eric Morcombe was a fan, tbh.

City spent a few years in the third tier not so long ago, as did Villa and the Toon
Did the Barcodes? I vaguely seem to recall the first time Super Kev got their gig he stopped them going down to the third tier for the first time since God was a lad.

Think their Mackem buddies did go to that level tho.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the French and Germans for you.

They come up with rules for the rest of Europe, then the French ignore them and the Germans find a way to use them to their best advantage.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Luton Down were a top flight fixture when I were a nipper. Without checking I'd guess they had a decade run.

Them and their plastic pitch, ban on away supporters and Tory **** of a chairman.

Never could work out why Eric Morcombe was a fan, tbh.
Eric's support for Luton was in more innocent times though - very much a 1970s thing, a good few years before the things you referred to. And they were quite likeable when first promoted to the old first division. Fairly progressive football under David Pleat and a more racially mixed team than most at that time. Sort of WBA with their 'Three Degrees' but not as good.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hull City going down that season and didn't resurface to that level until 05, via nearly exiting the football league and have since been in the Prem. another good example

Thanks for the reminder. For the next 16 weeks (and let's be honest but for a monumental choke it would have been about 30 :@) you can use the following:

Same again next season?
Yeah I think we will turn the tables next year